Corsair K90 and M90 Keyboard and mouse thoughts and ideas

LimeFire

I have both the Corsair K90 and the Corsair M90. The K90 i won in Linus's giveaway and the m90 i bought for 40 USD on sale at NCIX. I just received the m90 today and i have had the k90 for about 3+ weeks.

I love the K90 the blue backlight is amazing and i will never find a use for the 54 macro keys ( 3 profiles of 18). My favirot key switch is are the Cherry MX Bule, but, i must say that the reds are fun! I would like it a little stiffer, and i do enjoy the tactile feedback, but i cant complain for free! The build quality is great and it looks awesome!

Now for the M90, i like it..i had some problems with the macro program and the Drivers ( i will go into this more later) other than that it is a great mouse! I love the sensor and the side buttons are easy to tell from each other. I glows and the scroll wheel is very nice, and again, build quality is amazing!

As for the program, i have my complaints, the interface is confusing at first ( for those of us that hate those instruction thingys) hovering your mouse over thing does not tell you what they do. The preset options are few and far between, i found that i had to create custom bindings for most things. Other than that the program... works, it does not mess things up as far as i can tell, other than being confusing and taking a long time to set things up, its good.

Overall the good outweighs the bad and i will keep both of the 90 series from Corsair! If you find either one on sale i sugesst you buy it, i would not pay full price ( because im cheap) but you can if you want. I hope this helped anyone who was wonder if they should get the K90 or M90, they are a bit pricy, but great overall, nothing wrong with the hardware, but the software leaves something to be asked for.

Regards, LimeFire

Great review! But I have a quick question: What is the typing sound compared to let's say an OEM Dell Keyboard? I know the K90 is mechanical and stuff and that it's supposed to be louder, but when I type with my Dell Keyboard my mom gets annoyed so I wouldn't imagine if I had a louder keyboard! ;)

Thanks

-Keven.

Its quite a bit louder than a membrane keyboard if you max out the keys when you type, its really sensitive so you can manage typing if you barley touch the keys and that way they make very little sound, but i dont recommend typing that way, it would be hard. When playing games its quiet but typing is louder that my old membrane keyboard.

I've been using the K90 for just over a week and I am hugely impressed with the step up in quality, I love the brushed aluminum.

I'm not the biggest fan of Cherry MX Reds as they'll take some time for me to get used to but other than that, I love this keyboard!

(Oh, and I kinda miss having a dedicated calculator button :P)

GW2: Vettexl.9726

I love my K90. Although I do not use the macro keys surprisingly; my favorite feature is the media control with the volume scroller. My biggest complaint is that I'm constantly hitting the saps lock key by accident. Build quality is excellent (including the awesome wrist rest).

My compooter: http://imgur.com/a/mDFsx?

Nice review! I personally would never buy a corsair mech keyboard due to the fact that not all of the buttons are mechanical (and they are not tenkeyless). If it wasn't for that, I would have bought one as they really are beautiful to look at :) Also wouldn't get one of their mice because they are a little heavy for my claw style grip.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD