$60 Dollar IEM's. for metal

fatman0091

Hi so i"m looking for $60 Dollar IEM's(Not ear buds they are NOT the same thing.) for metal.

I'm looking for sound quality and comfort, style doesn't master. 

Fidue A63 have great mids and are at your price range, which is probably the most important thing for listening to metal. Probably your best bet at that price range

Soundmagic E10s are not bad, but you could do better at that price range.

Frankly I don't know why you got recommended the CX 300 because they are pretty terrible. Not everything sennheiser is rainbows and glitter and apart from their very high end IEMs, sennheiser IEMs are generally a terrible value. Tried them myself and they sound like poo.

This huge review list doesn't have every IEM released, but it has a ton of IEMs and you should find something that suits you. Definitely the best comparison reviews out there compared to many websites such as CNET with terrible biased reviews:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-325-iems-compared-nuforce-ne-600x-added-10-30-14-p-990

Because metal is mid forward that's why I recommended the Fidues. I wouldn't bother with the iems he reviewed years ago because since then he has reviewed many more iems so those he might have rated highly then might not fare as well now. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Fidue A63 have great mids and are at your price range, which is probably the most important thing for listening to metal. Probably your best bet at that price range

Soundmagic E10s are not bad, but you could do better at that price range.

Frankly I don't know why you got recommended the CX 300 because they are pretty terrible. Not everything sennheiser is rainbows and glitter and apart from their very high end IEMs, sennheiser IEMs are generally a terrible value. Tried them myself and they sound like poo.

This huge review list doesn't have every IEM released, but it has a ton of IEMs and you should find something that suits you. Definitely the best comparison reviews out there compared to many websites such as CNET with terrible biased reviews:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-325-iems-compared-nuforce-ne-600x-added-10-30-14-p-990

Because metal is mid forward that's why I recommended the Fidues. I wouldn't bother with the iems he reviewed years ago because since then he has reviewed many more iems so those he might have rated highly then might not fare as well now. 

Do these come in black?

Head-Fi is just as biased and most of the time even worse than Cnet. They believe in throwing money at audio and everything they say needs to be taken with a grain of salt so it's not something you should link to someone new to audio. 

As for good in-ears, most people prefer neutral responses for metal/rock so maybe something by V-sonic? The VSD3 would be fairly good. It was also mentioned in a different post today by Lays so you might want to check out that thread as well.

Head-Fi is just as biased and most of the time even worse than Cnet. They believe in throwing money at audio and everything they say needs to be taken with a grain of salt so it's not something you should link to someone new to audio. 

As for good in-ears, most people prefer neutral responses for metal/rock so maybe something by V-sonic?

I'm not talking about head-fi as a whole, just jokerl's huge IEM review list.

At under $60, the v-sonic offerings are not worth it IMO. 

Now that I think of it the JVC FXD series are cheap as hell these days and I (along with hundreds of others) absolutely loved the hell out of them. 

Do these come in black?

no, only that baby blue color. As I said in the comment above, maybe a good bet that you might really like would be the JVC FXD80. There is an open boxed one for $41 + $6 shipping listed as used if that interests you.

http://www.amazon.com/Victor-In-ear-Headphones-HA-FXD80-Z-Japanese/dp/B0081YU6YW/

Absolutely excellent IEMs all around and they don't look silly like the fidues. Sound signature is quite different from the Fidues, that's up to personal preference and can't tell you which is better. Both very capable and excellent IEMs all around. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire