CAM card in Samsung Smart TV

Shaqo_Wyn
Go to solution Solved by Stadiz,

Thanks man!

I'll have my bro try that out but I think we already found the problem. There was this thing about needing a CI+ 1.3 card with TV's that came out in 2013 and later because Ziggo dropped CI+ 1.2 to accommodate interactive features. My bro's card is 5 years old so he almost definitely needs a new CI+ 1.3 card (the old card works in his old CI+ 1.2 TV). 

He's gonna give Ziggo a call today and if they concur, he'll just have to shell out the 60 EUR. :P

Q. How old is the Ziggo Smartcard?

If its older then 5 years, it needs to replaced this cost nothing if tell that to Ziggo.

Hi guys, a bro of mine just purchased a Samsung Smart TV. UE32H5500.

He has a CAM card (kind of SMART card) from Ziggo (Netherlands) that's suppose to work with the TV because the TV supports CI+.

Problem is, he can't get any of the channels in HD which is suppose to be the case. Anyone know about this and know how to help?

He read on another forum that he's supposed to update the CAM but he can't find this option within the TV's menu..

Thanks!

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Update your TV maybe.

or here is a link what i used for my friend, had the same problem with a Samsung TV....

http://www.televisies.nl/tvpedia/ziggo-ci-cam-module-installeren-samsung-tv/

Its dutch.

Thanks man!

I'll have my bro try that out but I think we already found the problem. There was this thing about needing a CI+ 1.3 card with TV's that came out in 2013 and later because Ziggo dropped CI+ 1.2 to accommodate interactive features. My bro's card is 5 years old so he almost definitely needs a new CI+ 1.3 card (the old card works in his old CI+ 1.2 TV). 

He's gonna give Ziggo a call today and if they concur, he'll just have to shell out the 60 EUR. :P

Thanks man!

If its older then 5 years, it needs to replaced this cost nothing if tell that to Ziggo.

Yes, it's older than 5 years. Awesome! I'll have my bro tell em that. 

Yes, it's older than 5 years. Awesome! I'll have my bro tell em that. 

*dutch* Succes! laat maar weten of het gelukt is! *dutch*

Good luck! Let me know if everything went ok.