Issue with getting audio through Fiio E10K

Das_Beard

I just received the Fiio E10K amp/dac today.  Plugged the device in and everything appeared to install just fine.  The fiio shows up in audio devices and even set it itself as my playback device automatically.  Unfortunately I get absolutely no sound.  Plugged my speakers in the back audio out port and headphones in the front to test both ports on the E10K and neither one works.  My computer shows it as the only audio option plugged in and have disabled all other audio device options.  Volume knobs and setting as all turned on as well.  I see the sound meter going up and down, but continue to hear nothing.  It appears to have installed as a USB audio device, but in the playback device manager it default labeled it as an SPDIF.  That may just be a technicality since the label is easily changed, but figured I should mention it since I do not know that much about audio setups.

If anyone can give me constructive advice it would be greatly appreciated.  It irritates me that something which is supposed to be so simple is giving me this much issue. 

i7-4790k @ 4.6GHz  ||  R9 290 @1190/1500  ||  16GB RAM  ||  Samsung 840 EVO SSD (250GB/500GB)  ||  AX1200w PSU  ||  CPU and GPUs watercooled

Have you tried restarting your PC?

Yeah I have tried that a few times.  Have also tried unistalling and re-installing. Then, restarting again lol..... I guess I am hoping there is some magical setting I just don't know about that just needs to be changed.

i7-4790k @ 4.6GHz  ||  R9 290 @1190/1500  ||  16GB RAM  ||  Samsung 840 EVO SSD (250GB/500GB)  ||  AX1200w PSU  ||  CPU and GPUs watercooled

Just in case someone ever comes across this, I found my problem/solution.  Still don't fully understand what caused to be the issue though.  My keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow.  This keyboard has the stardard usb plug along with a second usb plug that allows you plug usb devices into the keyboard.  For my E10K I was not using this extra usb slot on the keyboard but rather I was just using another usb plug on the back of the motherboard.  Apparently having that extra usb on the keyboard plugged in was causing some sort of disruption to the signal.  Just unplugged the unnecessary keyboard usb and all is good now.

Just in case someone ever comes across this, I found my problem/solution.  Still don't fully understand what caused to be the issue though.  My keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow.  This keyboard has the stardard usb plug along with a second usb plug that allows you plug usb devices into the keyboard.  For my E10K I was not using this extra usb slot on the keyboard but rather I was just using another usb plug on the back of the motherboard.  Apparently having that extra usb on the keyboard plugged in was causing some sort of disruption to the signal.  Just unplugged the unnecessary keyboard usb and all is good now.

Then I'm guessing it's a USB ports signing problem. Both of the USB ports were fighting for resources. Happened to me long time ago, when using an external USB hub. Never used one ever since....