Best Monitor for games like skyrim crysis battlfield... First person games :)

keycolony

Need a very good monitor should be 144hz for first person games like skyrim crysis battlefield far cry ... I need 144hz refresh rate the best colors i can get and it shouldnt be ugly as shit :D

unless you have a GPU that can run at 144 fps you don't need a 144Hz panel. You will want an IPS though.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Ok i have an gtx 780 and will upgrade on an 880 wehn maxwell is out :)

gFrenken97 i said good gaiming monitor not good new car or good new house

If you want 144hz and the best colours then ASUS PG278Q is your best option, also you will NOT benefit much from having over 100hz as you NEED atleast 2 GPU's to get those frames unless you are happy to reduce in game graphics.

Eizo Foris FG2421 is a 24" 1080p 120Hz VA 10 bit that also has strobe backlight.

In terms of colors and viewing angle, it would destroy any TN panel including the ROG Swift.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

Eizo Foris FG2421 is a 24" 1080p 120Hz VA 10 bit that also has strobe backlight.

In terms of colors and viewing angle, it would destroy any TN panel including the ROG Swift.

His GTX 780 doesn't support 10 bit, so he would only get 8 bit, other then that I know much about VA panels. Also "destroy" is quite an exaggeration, since IPS has better colours and my Samsung S27A950D which is a TN, has as good colours as any non professional IPS grade monitors. Though of course TN has horrible viewing angels but really who cares....

BenQ Gaming XL2720Z Black 27" 144Hz 1ms (GTG)

BenQ Gaming XL2411Z Black 24" 144HZ 1ms (GTG)

I own 24" and chose it over ASUS for many reasons. Anti-blur works wonders in FPS games.

Mine actually has pretty good viewing angles for a TN panel, I do not regret the purchase at all, BenQ is top notch.

When BenQ comes out with 2560 x 1440 AH-IPS @ 144Hz I will buy that, until then...I am happy! : )

Linus did a review of one of the older models BenQ XL2420 TE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6wIMaYjklE

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6

His GTX 780 doesn't support 10 bit, so he would only get 8 bit, other then that I know much about VA panels. Also "destroy" is quite an exaggeration, since IPS has better colours and my Samsung S27A950D which is a TN, has as good colours as any non professional IPS grade monitors. Though of course TN has horrible viewing angels but really who cares....

I think there is some confusion about 10 bit support on consumer GPU's. As early as Gefocre 8 series, there is already support for 10 bit and Geforce cards can properly show 10 bit content through Windows API and DirectX. The difference between Quadro and Geforce regarding 10 bit support is that Quadro allows OpenGL 10-bit per color buffers while the Geforce does not in professional applications such as Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Photoshop.

If you are a little adventurous, it is even possible to hack to have 10 bit support in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Photoshop (atleast on AMD side, I don't know about the new nvidia cards as I don't own one in a long time).

Also I am using the latest incarnation some of the best TN panel (AUO M240HW01 V8 which is found on nearly all top end TN panels including Asus VG248QE, BenQ 24" TE/Z-series, AOC G2460PG) while the colors is not bad, it still pales in comparison next to my old Dell Ultrasharp 2007WFPb which uses S-IPS.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.