What are these 'analog audio outputs'?

Go to solution Solved by zinton,

IMG_3915b.jpg

out is prolly what you'd just put your headphones in

On every motherboard, there's these coloured jacks. I've heard they're analog outputs, but I'm still confused. Help?

post-96655-0-37105400-1406188018.jpg

green TRS 3.5mm stereo output, front channels 
black TRS 3.5mm stereo output, rear channels 
grey TRS 3.5mm stereo output, side channels
gold TRS 3.5mm dual output, center and subwoofer 
blue TRS 3.5mm stereo input, line level 
pink TRS† 3.5mm mono microphone input

Wikipedia rulez :D

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Those particular jacks are referred to as 5.1 Analog Audio. As to what each one does take a look at @Kukielka and @zinton's posts.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Btw, analog audio >>>>> digital audio imho

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Those particular jacks are referred to as 5.1 Analog Audio. As to what each one does take a look at @Kukielka and @zinton's posts.

You! Everytime I see you post I look at your friggn for for about 2 minutes...stop stealing my life! QQ

You! Everytime I see you post I look at your friggn for for about 2 minutes...stop stealing my life! QQ

Nevaaaar!

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

green TRS 3.5mm stereo output, front channels 
black TRS 3.5mm stereo output, rear channels 
grey TRS 3.5mm stereo output, side channels
gold TRS 3.5mm dual output, center and subwoofer 
blue TRS 3.5mm stereo input, line level 
pink TRS† 3.5mm mono microphone input

Wikipedia rulez :D

but the tech world truly hates the colorblind....

but the tech world truly hates the colorblind....

True dat,

but most the time they are in the same order row by row :)

You mean like vinyl vs cd?

I mean like analog headset vs usb headset :)

Wha.. What.

Shouldn't this be common knowledge on a tech forum by now :lol:

Am I old or something

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"