Network Options (DNS)

Redportal
Go to solution Solved by Blade of Grass,

I'm not sure if this is an option for you, but you can always manually add the DNS server you want. 

To do this go to:

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections
  1. Right click on your network adapter
  2. Click Properties
  3. You may need to scroll, but somewhere on that list you should find something that says Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP4), double click
  4. Then click Use the following DNS server addresses
  5. Enter in whatever DNS server you want (a popular one is Google's, which reside at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)

At the moment my home network is running sky fibre and there I have the default hardware I get from sky for fibre. I recently noticed that there DNS is really slow in my area compared to other free options, but as far as I can tell I can't change this using the default hardware. If there is away of changing it please let me know, if not can you suggest a router which I can? (Better if the router/modem has 5ports+, wireless not needed but better if it does have it)

Thanks in advance, Red.

Connor Freebairn - ConnorFreebairn@newman.cumbria.sch.uk
IT Technician & Certified computer geek.

I'm not sure if this is an option for you, but you can always manually add the DNS server you want. 

To do this go to:

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections
  1. Right click on your network adapter
  2. Click Properties
  3. You may need to scroll, but somewhere on that list you should find something that says Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP4), double click
  4. Then click Use the following DNS server addresses
  5. Enter in whatever DNS server you want (a popular one is Google's, which reside at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB