Power issue?

excalibrax

I've been having a problem with my computer. Normally up and running its going fine, hit the reset button it goes fine. Turn it off, and you need to wait about 10 minutes and reseat the power cable sometimes Putting it in at an angle so it jumps and turns the fans on for a hair for about 10 seconds and then it turns on fine. Is this my power supply? My start button? Anyone have any clues?

sounds like its the wire isnt making connection. thats what i get from that, is it the 24 pin? or main power from the wall?

maybe you should try and get a new cable but if its not modular you just might have to get a new PSU.

can you give a little more info as to what cable it is? or something? but i think its the cable not making a proper connection and thats why you have to reseat it.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Its the 24 pin, I've tried pussing in the wires more But I dont think I was very Successful. Might be I could buy a 24 pin thing and the tool for doing those like the people who do cable sleeving. And from there just redo the connection. I'm saving up money for a new build, and going to use this one as a NAS/Bittorent box. But that would be probably 6 months down the road, as I'm working on the funds, and debating waiting on Nvidias next card line.