Problem with GTX 760 or maybe something else

Nxl8
Go to solution Solved by BloodWithIce,

I have loaded "optimized defaults" and there is no change. I still have to boot into safe mode.

This means that the motherboard or the os are the problem. You can try update the mobo bios, or you can keep launching it in safe mode

Hello,

I am having a problem with the graphics card on my computer though I am not sure if it is or not. I had my EVGA GTX 760 SuperClocked with ACX cooling in my computer and it no longer functions properly. 
Whenever I boot up with drivers installed it goes to a very low res windows loading screen and only has a loading bar not the usual fancy looking one. My monitor proceeds to say "No signal" straigt after this even though the computer is working. It boots up fine when I load into safemode or remove the driver.
When Windows tries to install a VGA driver for my graphics card it detects it fine as it shows by saying "GTX 760".

The real problem here is that it may be the motherboard but I am not so sure. The reason I think this is I have another graphics card "GTX 560 Ti" and that worked for about an hour then stopped and no longer works.

My specs are:
Intel i5 3570k
Asus P8Z77-V LX
EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX cooling
500w Xigmatek PSU
8GB Corsair Vengance RAM

I have tried a few things: clearing CMOS, reinstalling drivers several times to different versions, installing a different graphics card, using a different cable.

I am afraid I do not have another PSU, monitor or cable to use other than the one I have already used.

I would be very thankful if someone could help me further troubleshoot the issue and possibly fix it.

Thanks,
Jon

"Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week; why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!" —Samantha Carter

Did your 560ti break or does it have the same issue?

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

Did your 560ti break or does it have the same issue?

I do not believe it is broken, whne I got my GTX 760 it was working, it worked for a while then stopped. On both of the GPUs the fans turn and windows sometimes decides it wants to download the drivers for the GTX 760 but, as for the GTX 560 Ti the screen refuses to acknowledge the presence of a GPU and just says "No video signal" all the time.

Thanks for the reply,

Jon

"Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week; why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!" —Samantha Carter

Have you changed hardware or did something unusual happen before the problem occured?

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:

Have you changed hardware or did something unusual happen before the problem occured?

Well, it happened after I turned on GPU boost by accident but I didn't think it would do any damage as it is a feature on the motherboard. I have heard that it may be a PSU problem but I though there would have been other signs of it being a problem.

Thanks again,

Jon

;

Well, it happened after I turned on GPU boost by accident but I didn't think it would do any damage as it is a feature on the motherboard. I have heard that it may be a PSU problem but I though there would have been other signs of it being a problem.

Thanks again,

Jon

Try disabling any overclock and disable the boost if you have activated it from the motherboard panel or bios
COOLING:

; Try disabling any overclock and disable the boost if you have activated it from the motherboard panel or bios

I had already turned it off after I realised it was on, the problem was occuring before this I believe.

Thanks,

Jon

Use the integrated graphics > go: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/75991/en-us

Download and plug your gpu in. Launch the file when your 760 is in the pc and using its graphics.

COOLING:

Use the integrated graphics > go: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/75991/en-us Download and plug your gpu in. Launch the file when your 760 is in the pc and using its graphics.

I have already installed the latest driver, but it still doesn't work. I have to launch in safe mode with networking on (which I am in now) for it to work. I have also tried various other drivers including ones inwhich I know worked with my GPU.

Thanks,

Jon

I have already installed the latest driver, but it still doesn't work. I have to launch in safe mode with networking on (which I am in now) for it to work. I have also tried various other drivers including ones inwhich I know worked with my GPU.

Thanks,

Jon

There has to be something wrong with the motherboard configuration. Try repair errors from the menu where it says safe mode ecc....
COOLING:

There has to be something wrong with the motherboard configuration. Try repair errors from the menu where it says safe mode ecc....

I did clear CMOS, I thought this would have fixed the motherboard issues. Should I update BIOS even though this card has been working for 6 months? I will enter my BIOS now and reset to defaults or whatever the command is called.

I did clear CMOS, I thought this would have fixed the motherboard issues. Should I update BIOS even though this card has been working for 6 months? I will enter my BIOS now and reset to defaults or whatever the command is called.

I have loaded "optimized defaults" and there is no change. I still have to boot into safe mode.

This means that the motherboard or the os are the problem. You can try update the mobo bios, or you can keep launching it in safe mode

COOLING:

I now have it running in 1080p when I installed some drivers from the motherboard disk. I am not sure if it is on intergrated graphics or not. I am still in safe mode and can not access normal windows with the GTX 760 driver installed - it just turns screen off but still keeps playing the windows sounds.

UPDATE: GTX 760 still not working properly, it is not running on it, intergrated graphics through the actual GPU.

My card is now working fine. I am not sure what caused it to start working fine but it has been for the past 3-4 hours or so.

Thank you for the help,

Jon