ASUS Announces Strix Pro Gaming Headset

digitalnav

Those look pretty awesome. I hope asus actually put time into the sound quality and not all into the looks.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

Dislike.  Which is unusual for me and an ASUS product...

*cue rant about headphones being far superior hmyahhhhhh* :)

Can't wait for Linus to review these.  I'm in the market for a good gaming headset.

Why does almost every gaming peripheral along with the advertisement look extremely childish and over the top? 

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Well... better luck next time asus.

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

Hexagonal ear cushions? Last time I checked, my ears weren't a hexagonal shape  :huh: .

but there not round either

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

Hexagonal ear cushions? Last time I checked, my ears weren't a hexagonal shape  :huh: .

Well, the ear cushions are actually pentagonal, so you should be fine  :P

IKR? That thing is glorious. 

"I'M A MAJESTIC ****ING EAGLE!"

0.jpg

In order from most recent to oldest:

This one is soooo fitting.

Lots of these:

And these:

And before that, this one:

TYVM alright I got it. I will remember your name by the green haired one.

When are these companies going to get it? "Gaming headsets" look ugly as f**k -_-

I don't like the look, unless those "eyes" are actually transparent windows showing the inside of the earcups rather than ugly decals, that would be pretty cool, but you can't really say much about the product until you get both performance and price info. To be fair, it IS a gaming headset with active noise cancellation, none of which is exactly synonymous with being a particularly good value, but if it ends up sub-$100 and has fairly decent sound, mic, and isolation, then it could find a place in "gaming when I don't want to be disturbed and nobody should be in the room commenting on how ugly my headphones are".

104c.jpg

Now that is some epic imagery.

I'd buy this just to feel like a metal owl of awesomeness. I don't even care if they are practical. 

Based on Sly Cooper's Clockwerk?

clockwerk___sly_cooper_by_vanqueza-d5mmd

Wtf... so they have the gtx 780 strix and now the strix gaming headset. Thats just outright retarded, atleast name it something different

Uhmm that's what everybody does and it works...

This seems to be an even higher end line than their ROG stuff, Z97 Strix anyone? with big owl eyes printed directly on the board and massive wings for heatsinks. (strix is the ancient greek word for owl btw)

It's nice to see Asus is competing with ThermalTake for the child market.

Children and people who think like children... that's quite large market if you ask me

Owls are my favourite animals, yet I find this extremely dumb.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

104c.jpg

Now that is some epic imagery.

I'd buy this just to feel like a metal owl of awesomeness. I don't even care if they are practical. 

That would be a good wallpaper, with only the owl

Cpu: FX8350 MoboGigabyte GA.990FXA-UD3  GPU: EVGA GTX770 2GB  RAM: 8GB Crucial ballistix tactical tracer  STORAGE: Crucial M500 240GB /seagate barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair RM750  CASE: Xigmatek Talon  COOLING: Corsair H100i KEYBOARD: Quickfire TK KEYPAD: Razer Nostromo MOUSE: Razer Naga 2012  HEADSET: Tritton pro+

No ROG,,,, nnooooooooooo!!!! :o  :(

PC Gaming forever...

That would be a good wallpaper, with only the owl

so I took the time to photoshop out all the info and made it a wallpaper. 

post-42528-0-61221900-1400895193_thumb.p

post-42528-0-61221900-1400895193_thumb.p

Cpu: FX8350 MoboGigabyte GA.990FXA-UD3  GPU: EVGA GTX770 2GB  RAM: 8GB Crucial ballistix tactical tracer  STORAGE: Crucial M500 240GB /seagate barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair RM750  CASE: Xigmatek Talon  COOLING: Corsair H100i KEYBOARD: Quickfire TK KEYPAD: Razer Nostromo MOUSE: Razer Naga 2012  HEADSET: Tritton pro+

Quick someone grab me a garbage pale.

Must everything be designed for 14 yr olds?

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive.