Help me choose which is better :D

Go to solution Solved by Silver Knight,

While i'm not really knowledgeable on this topic, i did research AMD CPU's quite a bit :D

Amd A8 5600k should do just fine with most online games :D

My recommendation is that you go with A8, and start saving more money so you could buy yourself a nice dedicated GPU in a future :D

Also, A8 5600k integrated graphics are a lot better than my laptops radeon hd 4650 1gb, and i could play LoL on high settings :D

I'm sorry if i wasn't very helpful, but i'm just getting back into PC hardware, been out of it for quite a while :D

Good day to all LTT forumers!!!

Help me decide which budget build to choose.

Should I go with an intel Pentium g2030 with a gt640 2gb Dedicated Graphics Card

or should I go with an AMD a8-5600k using it's APU with an fm2+ motherboard for futre upgrades?

both builds use a corsair 4gb 1333mhz RAM and they are almost at the same price.

Thanks for the suggestions!

May I ask what kind of budget you are on?

As to your question, the AMD one would be my recommendation. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

May I ask what kind of budget you are on?

270$ at most haha I don't very much play punishing games like Metro: Last Light etc., this build will only be for Online games like League of Legends and the like....

Go for the apu solution

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

While i'm not really knowledgeable on this topic, i did research AMD CPU's quite a bit :D

My recommendation is that you go with A8, and start saving more money so you could buy yourself a nice dedicated GPU in a future :D

Also, A8 5600k integrated graphics are a lot better than my laptops radeon hd 4650 1gb, and i could play LoL on high settings :D

I'm sorry if i wasn't very helpful, but i'm just getting back into PC hardware, been out of it for quite a while :D

Thanks bro.. this is very helpful.. but will the APU be useless after I buy a dedicated graphics card?

How many wattages will you think the PC wil consume?

Not a lot. ;/ By using eXtreme power supply calculator, including r9 270, you would need a 400w supply.

AMD APU.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Thanks bro.. this is very helpful.. but will the APU be useless after I buy a dedicated graphics card?

No, but your computer will be then using your dedicated one. As for the wattage, it shouldn't be much, I think that you should go with some high quality 450-500w if  you don't plan on crossfire/sli...

Also, keep in mind that you shouldn't use too high end GPU, i think the one you should buy is r9 270, because you might see some bottleneck with higher end ones (if it's a CPU intensive games, then it will also bottleneck a 270).

My personal recommendation is that you use your APU for some time to play MMO games, and save enough money for a nicer upgrade (a nice dedicated CPU and GPU) :D

No, but your computer will be then using your dedicated one. As for the wattage, it shouldn't be much, I think that you should go with some high quality 450-500w if  you don't plan on crossfire/sli...

Also, keep in mind that you shouldn't use too high end GPU, i think the one you should buy is r9 270, because you might see some bottleneck with higher end ones (if it's a CPU intensive games, then it will also bottleneck a 270).

My personal recommendation is that you use your APU for some time to play MMO games, and save enough money for a nicer upgrade (a nice dedicated CPU and GPU) :D

Can you suggest other GPU upgrades? cause I think the r9 270 is overkill

Can you suggest other GPU upgrades? cause I think the r9 270 is overkill

Well, it might now seem like an overkill but, it won't after some time :D

Then why don't you try 7850 O.o If there're any for a decent price O.o It's a little bit weaker than 270, which is basically 7870, and a little bit stronger than 260x, which is basically 7790.