My review on the 27in 1440p Monoprice 10489

OneGun

Ok guys i have been using my monitor for about 2 hours now and i gotta say i love it.I did the dead pixel test and i found zero.I put on a all black screen and the light bleed is hardly noticeable at all.There was a lil on the corners but no where near as bad as i have seen the U2713 or the Asus PB27 do.One thing is for sure it is a glossy screen but it looks like it has a purplish anti glare coating as the reflections of it have a purple tint.I have a very sturdy desk so the stand does not bother me but i can see it bothering other people.There is a OSD for brightness,contrast,eco mode and Dynamic Contrast ratio.There is also color temp setting with Warm,Cool,Standard and user where you can adjust to your liking.There is also a hotkey to adjust to eco DCR and such by pushing vol up when there is no OSD on.Gaming on it was amazing as i played some BF3 and Crysis 3 and i did not notice any lag or ghosting.I ran the pixel persistance analyzer and i have to say it seems smoother then my 27in asus tn panel.As with the Asus you have to adjust the trace free to find the best setting but with this it seemed perfect the way it is.The one thing i can't truly test is input lag.I tried to test by gaming and i personally did not notice any difference from my Asus 1080p tn panel with 2ms response time.There is 1 weird thing is that it looks like the frame the monitor is in has a space for a camera under the glass.At first i thought it was a bubble but then i realized what it was.Anyways i am happy so far..I hope this helps you guys..I am not good at reviews as i have never done one but if you have any questions about my monitor feel free to ask..