The hobbit

jarreddean

I really wish they would've just done it in 2 parts instead of 3. I felt like throughout the movie they spend on hour alluding to what is going to happen in LOTR. I went to go see the Hobbit, not LOTR...

A awesome movie, but I don't know if I was sick or anything, but the 48FPS really gave me a headache. I tried to focus on the film, but the 48FPS kept hurting my eyes. But if I walk away from that, it was a great movie. A little strange considering the story of the Lord of the Rings, but in my mind, it was a good film :)

MEH

i saw it both in 48fps 4k and "normal" and i saw a big difference!

and i loved the movie!

Saw it in regular 2D, thoroughly enjoyed it.

I think reading the book first improves the viewing experience and in my opinion the production crew have done a great job in picking the extra things they've added to the story.

Honestly i think if you know that it's 48FPS or whatever before watching you're going to either say it made it better or worse but if you don't know that fact before hand you won't even notice.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

Honestly I loved the movie from the beginning to the end. I honestly didn't even notice the 48fps, perhaps related to me seldomly watching tv and spending the majority of my "tv time" on the computer instead. I'm seriously confused why so many people I know complained about a slow start, I think fewer and fewer are able to appreciate a good story nowadays. I believe the story awkwardness that has been mentioned time and time again is from how they want the hobbit movie to be viewed which is 6 movies you can watch back to back from the hobbit trilogy and LOTR and get one good complete story in the end. And I love the fact it's a trilogy despite being a 300ish page book, one can never get enough Tolkien, I'm honestly waiting for when I can have my 6pt movie marathon!