Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryandobbo

New ASUS monitor have slight motion blur can’t figure how to get rid

Posted · Original PosterOP

Gone from a Dell 144hz S2419HGF 1080p To a asus VG27WQ 165HZ 1440p i have tried all settings on monitor but still have motion blur thinking to send back any ideas?
ive tried using the trace free option ELMB option and can not fix it any ideas  its driving me crazy? Thanks 

The only thing that can help your further is the overdrive setting. I think in the asus osd it's called "motion clarity" or something like that. Be aware that even the best monitors stil have motion blur because of the way "sample & hold" monitors work and how the human eye will see it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max - GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X - RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600Mhz - PSU: Corsair RMx 650W - Storage: 500 GB Samsung Evo 850 2,5" (OS) + 2 TB Samsung Evo 860 M.2 (Mass storage) - Cooling: EK & Alphacool custom loop - Case: CoolerMaster H500 - Fans: 6x Noctua NF-F12 chromax.black - Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX II - Fan Controller: Corsair Commander Pro - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Monitors: 2x LG 27GN850-B HDR-Gaming-TV: LG C9 OLED 55" - Mouse: Logitech G Pro wireless + Powerplay - Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum, Corsair K63 Wireless + Lapboard - Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Edition 600 Ohm - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

The only thing that can help your further is the overdrive setting. I think in the asus osd it's called "motion clarity" or something like that. Be aware that even the best monitors stil have motion blur because of the way "sample & hold" monitors work and how the human eye will see it.

Thanks for reply and Yh the overdrive setting is called trace free on the ASUS monitor and turning it up to 100 it reduces it but it’s still there I didn’t have the problem with the old monitor maybe it takes time to adjust I donno ?