Low profile mechanical vs mechanical

Andrew D4

Hi, Im a mechanical keyboard noob. I am thinking about getting my first mechanical keyboard for a better typing experience. I am used to using the keyboard on my 2019 or 2020 (idk) MacBook Pro. I am thinking about getting the Keychron k3 low profile keyboard because it looks light and easy to move around. But my main question in do you guys know if there's anything bad about going low profile? Like horrible key feel/travel? Thanks

Find out which MacBook pro you have: 

Does it break when you press a key?

1. Yes

MacBook pro 2019

1. No

MacBook pro 2020.

The low pro profile keyboard will probably be closer in thickness to a standard membrane, but the non-low-profile will be thicker. It comes down to what you would like. Do you like taller keyboards or not?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Find out which MacBook pro you have: 

Does it break when you press a key?

1. Yes

MacBook pro 2019

1. No

MacBook pro 2020.

The low pro profile keyboard will probably be closer in thickness to a standard membrane, but the non-low-profile will be thicker. It comes down to what you would like. Do you like taller keyboards or not?

I haven't really tried a taller keyboard but I like my 2020 (thanks :b) MacBook keyboard quite a bit. I just have two quick questions, 1. do low profile keyboards generally have a lot less key travel? 2. Do you have any opinions on which switch would be better for typing out of cherry mx red, brown, and blue? (I wouldn't be gaming)

Thanks

9 hours ago, Andrew D4 said:

. Do you have any opinions on which switch would be better for typing out of cherry mx red, brown, and blue? (I wouldn't be gaming)

Thanks

Most people like reds or browns for typing. Blues are extremely loud. I'm lot sure on the key travel, but the keys probably will travel more on the taller one.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Andrew D4 said:

I haven't really tried a taller keyboard but I like my 2020 (thanks :b) MacBook keyboard quite a bit. I just have two quick questions, 1. do low profile keyboards generally have a lot less key travel? 2. Do you have any opinions on which switch would be better for typing out of cherry mx red, brown, and blue? (I wouldn't be gaming)

Thanks

I don't know if low profile switches have less travel than others as I've never looked into them ... I would suppose that they do since they are way shorter.  Some normal switches also have reduced travel and it's usually in the speed lineup switches.   Usually for typing brown switches are preferred but some people like clicky switches too ... do you mind your keyboard making noise with every keypress when typing ?  Also there's other brand of switches than cherry, I personally prefer kailh and gateron more compared to the cherry offering from what I experienced, but that's just me. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

50 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Blues are extremely loud

wait till you heard some box jades

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream
thank you :D