DDR4 RAM Overclocking issue's binworthy BDIE ?

Subsonicq

Hi everyone, Ive been attempting to overclock the ram for whatever reason and not a single success, it may be that this kit just cant do it but lets try.

The RAM: GSKILL TRIDENT Z NEO / see bellow for Thaipoon data.

CPU: Ryzen 3700x overclocked to 4.4ghz @ 1.285v SOC 1.1v

MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX X570-F

So the ram loads the DOCP profile fine, DOCP or JEDEC profile if you push voltage passed 1.35v even up to 1.5v the system will post but windows BSODS with hardware crash is what the code transalates to.

I have altered the timings even just a little and it never passes memtest over a few hours, however JEDEC and DOCP pass no problem.

I have bumped up the FLCK and Infinity fabric (FLCK /2) and it doesnt pass memtest over a few hours but loads fine. And heres an odd one, if i reset everything to do with RAM to auto .... it doesnt post, go figure.

So, my thoughts are maybe that the sub timings that are always auto could be causing OC issues, RAM CALC for Ryzen doesnt help me one bit due to its touchy state, another could be the OHM settings ? really im not sure, i would like to give up but id rather come to understand why or what is causing the limit for interest sake, if i can get more out of the RAM thats great but if its not going to happen well its alright where it is then. Thanks everyone.

MEMORY MODULE
Manufacturer
G.Skill
Part Number
F4-3600C18-8GTZN
Serial Number
Undefined
JEDEC DIMM Label
8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2133-?A1-11
Architecture
DDR4 SDRAM Undefined
Speed Grade
DDR4-2133
Capacity
8 GB (8 components)
Organization
1024M x64 (1 rank)
Register Manufacturer
N/A
Register Model
N/A
Manufacturing Date
Undefined
Manufacturing Location
Taipei, Taiwan
Revision / Raw Card
0000h / A1
DRAM COMPONENTS
Manufacturer
Samsung
Part Number
K4A8G085WB-BCPB
Package
Standard Monolithic 78-ball FBGA
Die Density / Count
8 Gb B-die (Boltzmann / 20 nm) / 1 die
Composition
1024Mb x8 (64Mb x8 x 16 banks)
Input Clock Frequency
1067 MHz (0.938 ns)
Minimum Timing Delays
15-15-15-36-50
Read Latencies Supported
16T, 15T, 14T, 13T, 12T, 11T, 10T
Supply Voltage
1.20 V
XMP Certified
1802 MHz / 18-22-22-42-64 / 1.35 V
XMP Extreme
Not programmed
SPD Revision
XMP Revision
2.0 / December 2013

B-Die at 3600mhz is 16-16-16-36 1.35v.

I'm doubting the accuracy of this program..... 

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

B-Die at 3600mhz is 16-16-16-36 1.35v.

I'm doubting the accuracy of this program..... 

This is how i fell too, but the XMP profile does match the sticker so thats one thing right haha. if i put those timing in, im not even sure jumping the CMOS would get me out of trouble haha!

gskill's spd isnt always accurate, and thaiphoon burner or whatever program reads exactly what's there. theyre likely c-die which typically shows up as b-die with gskill's dimms. theres a thread about it on that german overclocking site, hardwareluxx i think? that being said i was able to get my 3200c16 kit (of what shows up as b-die but what is presumably c-die) to 3800c19 at 1.45v but you may not wanna go that high with voltage as we dont know much about c-die and 3800mhz wasnt stable on that mobo with any dimms anyways. 

setting all ram settings to auto never works afaik as there's too many variables to train. as it is, even with my confirmed b-die kit that was shit binned (3200c16 corsair v4.31) i couldnt get lower timings, only higher frequencies with timings bumped up to match. wouldnt make sense if you could eke much out of em, otherwise they wouldve been binned better lol. 

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

3 minutes ago, VeganJoy said:

gskill's spd isnt always accurate, and thaiphoon burner or whatever program reads exactly what's there. theyre likely c-die which typically shows up as b-die with gskill's dimms. theres a thread about it on that german overclocking site, hardwareluxx i think? that being said i was able to get my 3200c16 kit (of what shows up as b-die but what is presumably c-die) to 3800c19 at 1.45v but you may not wanna go that high with voltage as we dont know much about c-die and 3800mhz wasnt stable on that mobo with any dimms anyways. 

setting all ram settings to auto never works afaik as there's too many variables to train. as it is, even with my confirmed b-die kit that was shit binned (3200c16 corsair v4.31) i couldnt get lower timings, only higher frequencies with timings bumped up to match. wouldnt make sense if you could eke much out of em, otherwise they wouldve been binned better lol. 

This is true, i was in hope to maybe bump the frequency up a little and timing to match if it benchmarked better id keep it. i might try keeping at 1.35 and knocking frequency up and losser timing a tad. C-Die would explain why it crashes when you knock the volts up with no other changes.

Keep the ideas coming.

28 minutes ago, Subsonicq said:

Keep the ideas coming.

Buy a kit of actual 16gb 3600mhz B-Die and have a much better experience??

It won't go faster. 

Try 3200mhz CL16 / CL14 and see if you have better results.

4 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Buy a kit of actual 16gb 3600mhz B-Die and have a much better experience??

It won't go faster. 

Try 3200mhz CL16 / CL14 and see if you have better results.

Thanks, its a 32g kit. i think in the future at some point ill just buy two 16 kits as when i bought it i didnt know that 4 dimm kits werent the best. bit of a shame.

5 minutes ago, Subsonicq said:

Thanks, its a 32g kit. i think in the future at some point ill just buy two 16 kits as when i bought it i didnt know that 4 dimm kits werent the best. bit of a shame.

It's easier on the IMC if....

16GB and only 2 sticks.

Since your memory controller is good for 3200mhz, that's where you should aim your clocks with 32GB of memory (or lower with tighter timings)