LG CX OLED & RTX 3080 Issues

Funkengreuven

Folks are saying the LG CX is down sampling 4K/120hz RGB output from the RTX3080 to something less like Chroma 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 even though the RTX 3080 shows it's outputting a full RGB 4K/120hz 10-bit signal to the CX. Does anyone have this setup so they can test it? They say the C9 has no issues and it's only on the newer CX model.  If so, how would you confirm the TV is down sampling the signal. I have a CX, but no 3000 series card yet to test with. I bought the 48" CX as a monitor with the hope that I would be able to take full advantage of it when the 3000 series cards came out. Also, g-sync is said to be unavailable as well on RTX3080 when paired with a CX or C9.  Anyone who can reliably test these two scenarios would be greatly appreciated!

Try both RGB - Full and YCBCR 4:4:4 .

The redit user is using RGB-Full, which means the TV has to convert it to YCBCR, obviously there 'could' be an issue here.

So i would try setting it to YCBCR 4:4:4. This will force the GPU to sample RGB to YCBCR instead then send out the YCBCR format to the Display.

Doesnt seem like everyone i getting this issue however, it could possibly be a firmware issue, or settings issue.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |