New Build

Shane Martin

Hey guys,

Well, finally updated my system (Using the word updated loosely) and switched out my motherboard to an Asus M5A97 LE V2.0 and my processor to the FX-6200. Only problem is i'm seeing core parking issues with core 0, and core 5 and 6 (One bulldozer module if i'm led to believe) fails P95 after a few minutes at 4.4 Ghz. I know that if i go into my main bios i could probably fix this, but even though i can get booted into windows if i try and get into the bios all i get is a black screen. I'm led to beleive this is a HDMI problem as thats whats hooking my pc to my t.v.

My question is this, if i traded the HDMI-to-HDMI connection and got a DVI-to-HDMI cable would this allow me to get a displaying bios screen?

Thanks in advance,

Shane

Why dont you try a clear cmos. Have you overclocked the CPU?

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

if it fails prime95 it means that it either is maxed out for the frequency it can handle (either the cpu or the mobo power delivery system),or that you need to add more voltage.

if you can't get into the bios I'm not sure what you can do.

are you on the newest bios revision?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Yeah I'm on BIOS 1602 which is the newest one, tried clearing cmos by changing the jumper and pulling the battery, no joy. Max overclock I've had it on is 4.4 Ghz no higher, i mean it's hardly doing anything right now when i'm typing this and it's only on 11 degrees celcius, so don't know.

Thanks for all the help,

Shane

Try switching your video card to the second pci-x slot.

Also try unpluggin everrything but the micro, mem and vga, and see if then you can get into the bios. Hope some of this helps.

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

Yeah I've tried all that, guess it teaches me to not cheap out on a motherboard and a processor, this fx-6200 won't even do 4.4Ghz, but It's eother going to be down to the power delivery system of the motherboard or just the silicon lottery draw that i got a chip that works great at stock but not overclocked, as core 0 and 1 ( one bulldozer module) fails at that overclock.

Going to make a few changes I think, this sound good?:

Mobo to Gigabyte 990fxa-ud5

Graphic Card from Sapphire HD 7850 2GB OC to Sapphire HD 7950 3GB Vapour-X

Case from Zalman Z11 to Coolermaster storm enforcer 

And my LCD Tv to Hanns G HL198DPB 19" monitor.

Keeping the fx-6200 until either Steamroller is a viable upgrade with performance increases ect or go the intel route with a z77 mobo and a I5 3550K.

Don't get me wrong, I can game good on the AMD platform, and they are turning the business around, but i just want a robust system which I'm not fixing errors all the time (Some my own stupid faults though).

Thanks guys for the replies, you've been a great help :)