Motherboard/pwm/water cooling

so ill start by saying that I hope to not get flamed on this question as I know its an odd one...

I have an asus maximus xii extreme and currently a corsair xd5 rgb pump res combo.

I have a crazy OCD fedish with information being displayed and always available.

What I'm trying to do id have a display that monitors the pump rpm, water pressure, temp, etc on my cooling loop. The display im planning on using says that I need the pump pwm wire plugged into it and the display plugs into the chassis fan header on the motherboard for power. I'd prefer the display be plugged into the power supply directly and not the motherboard and I'd like the pump pwm to be plugged into the display and the motherboard so the display shows the rpm but the motherboard is aware of whats going on to.

So my questions are specifically...

1. Can I get an adapter to hook the display up to the power supply directly and any thoughts on if i should or not.

2. Is it ok or a bad idea to take the pwm wire from the pump and split it with one going to the display and the other to the motherboard. The pumps power is supplied directly from the power supply and the pwm is only the 2 wires for signal and 5v if i understand correctly. 

Any thoughts on this are welcome...keep in mind its because I just want the display and such.

Would need the specifics of this display.  Rainmeter and no special hardware sounds easier to be honest.  You can set it up so all that would be on your desktop background, or you could set up what would effectively be a second small monitor that would show all that stuff.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

This is the one I'd like...i would like it to be independent of the motherboard or any of the computer systems so I don't have to have a program running in the background. I also like how this one is setup and it'll fit nicely in my case. The wire coming off of it has the fan 3 pin plug but it only has 2 wires in it...i can guess that the 2 wires are the positive and negative. 

H133b79b43ca4401188055d68856eddbfC.jpg

H1d4eaf9d40f64ab69a205c4c8e1a60a8o.jpg

Tried to do a search for “freezemod lsj-znrb” but it wasn’t very useful.  The company site claims it has no such product, which is weird because there’s a pic right there.  I don’t know what is up.  Whole thing worries me.

I suspect hooking it to the PSU wouldn’t cause a problem, but it looks like there is a whole embedded computer in that thing and I can’t get any data.  Pwm I can’t speak to at all.  I don’t know how pumps deal with pwm, let alone this thing.

it seems like this is a watercooling question and would do better in that section where experts on such things reside.

One other thought:  that blue tint in the photos says old ecktachrome to me.  The thing might be really really old.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Thank you for the reply, ill try posting in the water cooling area like you said.