I7-8700 B360M Mobo voltage problems ?

HI guys hope everyone's well during these trying times.

I recently upgraded my i3-9100F to an i7-8700 and my CPU cooler from the stock cooler to a CM hyper H410r and I had some concerns.

Asus Tuf  b360m-plus gaming mono

I7-8700 

GTX 1070

16GB corsair vengeance LPX ddr4 2666MHz

Psu : antec VP700-700W 80+ white 

So basically what's happening here is my CPU is power limit throttling but the voltages are absolutely all over the place if I enable XMP and my ram clocks up to 2666Mhz it changed the voltage from default in the bios and Intel XTU to 1.3 volts on the CPU core and if I run the benchmark it hits up into the 80s in a few mins. This concers me as I've seen someone on YouTube use the exact same cooler and their CPU hit max like 78W of power while mine is sucking down 120W and his was keeping the boost clock of 4.3GHz on all cores he peaked at 72C average of 62C without power limit throttling.If I have XMP disabled my CPU power limit throttles and keeps it at 65W but clocks drop to 3.7GHz.

I'm begging for someome who's experienced to help me find a way on a B360 mobo to somehow be able to attain that tdp of 70ish W with 1.something V of power and keep the boost of 4.3GHz

When I run the test I've seen it draw way over 75W and use 1.32V on the CPU and my temps would skyrocket to 80+ 

My case has 2 intake and 3 exhaust fans decent airflow and ambient is about 25-27C 

Any help.would be greatly appreciated.

I'm just concerned as those temps do seem high.

17 minutes ago, Yadhav Gokool said:

I've seen someone on YouTube use the exact same cooler and their CPU hit max like 78W of power while mine is sucking down 120W and his was keeping the boost clock of 4.3GHz on all cores he peaked at 72C average of 62C without power limit throttling

are you using identical setups to these youtubers? airflow, power delivery, ambient temperatures all identical? if not, don't be surprised to get different results.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

are you using identical setups to these youtubers? airflow, power delivery, ambient temperatures all identical? if not, don't be surprised to get different results.

Hit the nail on the head, the only other thing I can think of is double checking your thermal paste application and maybe check to see if your motherboard has any bios updates that would potentially improve power usage

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

20 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Well in the video he does have a z390 motherboard but can it really justify the power draw discrepancy? Because 100+W apposed to his 70W is pretty huge and the voltage draw his mobo was only using 1.15 at most and mine pushes 1.325V  but I will try a bios update tomorrow.