Old SSD not showing up and speed concern.

Whateverchan

I have an SSD from my old laptop that I'd like to use on my new PC. But it's not showing up when I put it in. I tried to go into disc management, too, but nothing showed, either. My new SSD works, but the old one doesn't show up even in Device Manager. Is there some sort of compatibility issue?

Spoiler

SOHjoEs.jpg

Gn0cqyi.jpg

jPml3CO.jpg

Haven't checked in the bios yet. Will do so tonight.

But the problem seems to be incompatibility slot. The old one is an M2 Sata, which I just realized, and the new one is an M2 NVMe. The first slot near the CPU supports both, but the second slot (picture above) at the bottom is only for NVMe. So I might have to swap their places to make them both work. However, this can make my new SSD slower. This is the new one I have

https://shop.westerndigital.com/products/internal-drives/wd-black-sn750-nvme-ssd#WDS100T3X0C

Someone told me it won't be able to take advantage of the M2_1 slot's extra speed. Is that true? How bad or slower will it get if I swap them?

Also, the first slot has a cover with what seems to be a cooling pad (no idea?). Thought it would suit the new NVMe the most. XP

Edited by Whateverchan
I smoked weed with Arnold.