Dell increases the new XPS prices in the UK by £150 and lies about the "original" price!

I have been checking the Dell UK site everyday since the very hour the new XPS models were added to the site. This morning, the prices all went up by £150, and the "original" prices shown (showing a reduction of £19.99) have also been increased so this reduction appears to be the same, but they were NEVER listed at those prices. e.g.

The top priced model with i7-10750H and 32GB RAM was originally listed at £2,949 showing a reduction of £19.99 (original price £2,968.99, which it also never was). It is now listed at £3,099 still showing a reduction of £19.99 from the "original" price of £3118.99.

I'm not sure if this also applies to the prices in other countries.

Unfortunately, I don't have the online presence to widely expose this. Hopefully someone in the community here or from the LTT team has the connections to do so.

I don't know what else to say that wouldn't be rude.

This is a fairly common retail practice, mark prices up then drop for a "sale." It's pretty scummy, and all the major retailers do it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The issue is, customer service are saying this is due to a current promotion, except it's the exact opposite of a sale.

At the same time they've disabled the ability to use 10% student discount with them, so my saved basket went up by nearly £400 overnight! 

Hopefully it drops again before the end of the month. They told me their promotions change every Thursday so worth checking weekly if you're planning on getting a new Dell in the near future.