Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ksbdude

Can not change fan speed?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I recently upgraded the fan on my cpu AIO liquid cooler to a noctua 3000 rpm fan. However the default fan curve that came with the computer is far slower than it should be and the computer runs way to hot. I am trying to increase the fan curve however it appears that it can not be changed in the BIOS or with any software I have found. The computer is an MSI Aegis TI prebuilt and it has the latest BIOS installed.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

Posted (edited)

What motherboard and AIO cooler do you have?

Whoops was skimming through the post too quickly. I saw it there.

Edited by Uptivuptiz
Im too fast for my own good

Please ping or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

,Is it a prebuilt? If so download the software you find in the support page of the pc, otherwise do the same but from the support page of the cooler

Main PC:

CPU: i5-8600k@5.0GHz | GPU 1: GTX 1660@2070MHz | GPU 2: GT 710 | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3000MHz | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic | PSU: Corsair RM 650i | SSD: Corsair MP510 480GB & Kingston UV400 120GB |  HDD: 2x 2TB WD Black | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | OS: Windows 10 Pro & Linux Mint 

Secondary PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | GPU: Vega 3 iGPU | RAM: 8 GB DDR4 3000MHz | Case: Corsair 88R | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: WD Green M.2 SATA 120 GB | Motherboard: MSI A320M-A PRO MAX | OS: Windows 10 Pro

Server:

Model: HP DL360e Gen 8 | CPU: 1x Xeon E5-2407 | RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1066MHz | SSD: Kingston A400 120GB | OS: CentOS 8

Laptop:

Model: MacBook Air Late 2010 | CPU: Core 2 Duo L9600 | RAM: 4 GB DDR3 1066MHz | OS: MacOS Catalina 

Posted · Original PosterOP

@Uptivuptiz

My motherboard is Micro-Star International MS-B903 and the MSI AIO cooler does not have a model number on it.

@mbntr

Yes it is a prebuilt, however the included MSI Gaming Center Application does not let me control fan speed, I looked on the manufacturers website and updated it to the latest version which has a "system tuner" feature to change fan curves however it sits at "Initializing..." and then after a few minutes it gives this message.

LTTPhoto.JPG