Budget Case with a large number of hard drive cages

BryanNichols10

Hey all,

So I'm looking for a case to put my NAS server in that will have at least 4 3.5 inch drive cages. I'm not too concerned with looks or size as it is the kind of thing that will live in my wiring closet. Preferably im looking for something under $100 dollars US but im willing to budge a little. The best option I've found so far is the Fractal Define R5 with its 8 drive cages but its a little over what I would like to spend.

Thank you for any help!

You’re in luck.  The biggest problem with cheap cases is they’re old designs using old tooling and they’re more or less stuffed with 3.5” and 5.25” bays whether you want em or not.  I suspect just about any case in the sub $40 range will do for you.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

40 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

You’re in luck.  The biggest problem with cheap cases is they’re old designs using old tooling and they’re more or less stuffed with 3.5” and 5.25” bays whether you want em or not.  I suspect just about any case in the sub $40 range will do for you.

Okay cool I’ll take a look.