Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DanDaft

Sony WF-1000XM3 Latency Issues

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm reading alot of mixed reviews regarding the latency of these headphones, some reporting horrible latency and others reporting very adequate latency for watching video content. All these reviews seem to have random dates and no clear indication that the good latency came after a firmware update or something of the sort. I would just like to know whether the latency is an issue at random or a way to guarantee that I get good latency (firmware update or something of the sort). They're on a very good deal right now where I am. I most likely will pick them up if they have good latency. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, DanDaft said:

I'm reading alot of mixed reviews regarding the latency of these headphones, some reporting horrible latency and others reporting very adequate latency for watching video content. All these reviews seem to have random dates and no clear indication that the good latency came after a firmware update or something of the sort. I would just like to know whether the latency is an issue at random or a way to guarantee that I get good latency (firmware update or something of the sort). They're on a very good deal right now where I am. I most likely will pick them up if they have good latency. 

If it was solved for a few people, it should had been solved for everyone else. Latency issues generally speaking are not something that happen at random, and if people report drastic differences that's very likely due to a firmware update as you said.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
44 minutes ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

If it was solved for a few people, it should had been solved for everyone else. Latency issues generally speaking are not something that happen at random, and if people report drastic differences that's very likely due to a firmware update as you said.

Ok. I saw some reviews around june-august saying good latency, then others in september reporting very poor unbearable latency. Perhaps they just haven’t updated firmware?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DanDaft said:

Ok. I saw some reviews around june-august saying good latency, then others in september reporting very poor unbearable latency. Perhaps they just haven’t updated firmware?

That's my guess. They probably got a hand of old batches and didn't update anything themselves. I'd wait on someone that has more experience with bluetooth headphones  to jump in and write about what they think before purchasing it though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×