Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DenisIosif

new gpu instaled

Posted · Original PosterOP

guys i need help i just buyed a new video card and idk why is not working the fan is working an on the monitor is black screen the video card is a amd r7 240 and i got a motherboard foxconn 2abf please help guys i ned help

my pc specs are

i3 2120 

1151 socket 

ddr3

4gb ram

vga 

and motherboard foxvonn 2fba

power suply 300w

Can you take a picture of how the card is mounted? What power supply do you have?

...is there a question here? 🤔

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

5 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Can you take a picture of how the card is mounted? What power supply do you have?

i got a 300w power suply iputed the cards corect i try to isntal the drivers and to make something from bios

27 minutes ago, Sauron said:

you can help me pleasew

Your motherboard is crappy cheap one. Your video card drain power from PCI-e and has no external power plug.

It's not something that should happens, but it happens sometimes. Your videocard is not compatible with your motherboard, even if should work in theory.

In worst case - you just bricked your motherboard.

And why double post?

Good for you that used old motherboards are cheap. Try some Asus on H77 or Z77 chipset and your computer will work with any card you plug in.

2 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Your motherboard is crappy cheap one. Your video card drain power from PCI-e and has no external power plug.

It's not something that should happens, but it happens sometimes. Your videocard is not compatible with your motherboard, even if should work in theory.

In worst case - you just bricked your motherboard.

And why double post?

Good for you that used old motherboards are cheap. Try some Asus on H77 or Z77 chipset and your computer will work with any card you plug in.

im broke my parents dont give me money for new one :( if i update my motherboard is working?

1 minute ago, DenisIosif said:

im broke my parents dont give me money for new one :( if i update my motherboard is working?

First check if you can find any good used motherboard. Asus P8Z77 / Asus P8H77. MSI on the same chipset should be good too. Is not worth looking for older one since motherboards from 2/3 gen are cheap anyway.

3 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

First check if you can find any good used motherboard. Asus P8Z77 / Asus P8H77. MSI on the same chipset should be good too. Is not worth looking for older one since motherboards from 2/3 gen are cheap anyway.

man i dont wanna buy new one thx for quote

43 minutes ago, DenisIosif said:

i got a 300w power suply iputed the cards corect i try to isntal the drivers and to make something from bios

...again, can you post a picture? @homeap5 has a point in that your motherboard is probably too bad to run a graphics card properly, even a terrible one like the r7 240, but first I'd check if you actually mounted it correctly.

...is there a question here? 🤔

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

1 hour ago, DenisIosif said:

man i dont wanna buy new one thx for quote

I am really confusing about what do you want.  You wrote "if I update my motherboard is working" sounds like you considering that option.

Basically - you want to fix your hardware problem but you don't want to buy anything or replace anything? It may be really difficult.

Plug your old gpu and check is your motherboard even working.

1 minute ago, homeap5 said:

I am really confusing about what do you want.  You wrote "if I update my motherboard is working" sounds like you considering that option.

i guess he meant to ask, whether the GPU might work after updating the firmware of the MB

20 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Basically - you want to fix your hardware problem but you don't want to buy anything or replace anything? It may be really difficult.

Plug your old gpu and check is your motherboard even working.

if i put the old gpu is working i disabled the motherboard gpu but still not work i uninstaled drivers still not working the last pass is to update bios

33 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Chances that BIOS update solve problem are like 2%.

weel,i willl resend it :(

If you want everything for free, don't expect that your computer will be good. As I said, old motherboards are really very cheap. It's your choice.

8 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

If you want everything for free, don't expect that your computer will be good. As I said, old motherboards are really very cheap. It's your choice.

i make overclock

1 hour ago, homeap5 said:

So?

Anyway, good luck.

ok  thnx,add me on faceboock to chat if you want im Denis Iosif on faceboock