new gpu instaled

DenisIosif

guys i need help i just buyed a new video card and idk why is not working the fan is working an on the monitor is black screen the video card is a amd r7 240 and i got a motherboard foxconn 2abf please help guys i ned help

my pc specs are

i3 2120 

1151 socket 

ddr3

4gb ram

vga 

and motherboard foxvonn 2fba

power suply 300w

Can you take a picture of how the card is mounted? What power supply do you have?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

5 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Can you take a picture of how the card is mounted? What power supply do you have?

i got a 300w power suply iputed the cards corect i try to isntal the drivers and to make something from bios

27 minutes ago, Sauron said:

you can help me pleasew

Your motherboard is crappy cheap one. Your video card drain power from PCI-e and has no external power plug.

It's not something that should happens, but it happens sometimes. Your videocard is not compatible with your motherboard, even if should work in theory.

In worst case - you just bricked your motherboard.

And why double post?

Good for you that used old motherboards are cheap. Try some Asus on H77 or Z77 chipset and your computer will work with any card you plug in.

2 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Your motherboard is crappy cheap one. Your video card drain power from PCI-e and has no external power plug.

It's not something that should happens, but it happens sometimes. Your videocard is not compatible with your motherboard, even if should work in theory.

In worst case - you just bricked your motherboard.

And why double post?

Good for you that used old motherboards are cheap. Try some Asus on H77 or Z77 chipset and your computer will work with any card you plug in.

im broke my parents dont give me money for new one :( if i update my motherboard is working?

1 minute ago, DenisIosif said:

im broke my parents dont give me money for new one :( if i update my motherboard is working?

First check if you can find any good used motherboard. Asus P8Z77 / Asus P8H77. MSI on the same chipset should be good too. Is not worth looking for older one since motherboards from 2/3 gen are cheap anyway.

3 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

First check if you can find any good used motherboard. Asus P8Z77 / Asus P8H77. MSI on the same chipset should be good too. Is not worth looking for older one since motherboards from 2/3 gen are cheap anyway.

man i dont wanna buy new one thx for quote

43 minutes ago, DenisIosif said:

i got a 300w power suply iputed the cards corect i try to isntal the drivers and to make something from bios

...again, can you post a picture? @homeap5 has a point in that your motherboard is probably too bad to run a graphics card properly, even a terrible one like the r7 240, but first I'd check if you actually mounted it correctly.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, DenisIosif said:

man i dont wanna buy new one thx for quote

I am really confusing about what do you want.  You wrote "if I update my motherboard is working" sounds like you considering that option.

Basically - you want to fix your hardware problem but you don't want to buy anything or replace anything? It may be really difficult.

Plug your old gpu and check is your motherboard even working.

1 minute ago, homeap5 said:

I am really confusing about what do you want.  You wrote "if I update my motherboard is working" sounds like you considering that option.

i guess he meant to ask, whether the GPU might work after updating the firmware of the MB

Windows 11 Pro 22H2

Ryzen 3600

Gigabyte B450M DS3H

GIGABYTE RTX 2080 GAMING OC

G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

20 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Basically - you want to fix your hardware problem but you don't want to buy anything or replace anything? It may be really difficult.

Plug your old gpu and check is your motherboard even working.

if i put the old gpu is working i disabled the motherboard gpu but still not work i uninstaled drivers still not working the last pass is to update bios

33 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Chances that BIOS update solve problem are like 2%.

weel,i willl resend it :(

If you want everything for free, don't expect that your computer will be good. As I said, old motherboards are really very cheap. It's your choice.

8 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

If you want everything for free, don't expect that your computer will be good. As I said, old motherboards are really very cheap. It's your choice.

i make overclock

1 hour ago, homeap5 said:

So?

Anyway, good luck.

ok  thnx,add me on faceboock to chat if you want im Denis Iosif on faceboock