B450 Tomahawk max vs carbon ac

24 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

which mobo is better for overclocking?

The carbon ac (by a bit), but You'll need to flash the bios (i think) for third gen ryzen. I'd just og with the tomahawk anyways. Also what chip do you plan to oc? What cooler do you have?

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

6 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

The carbon ac, but You'll need to flash the bios (i think) for third gen ryzen. I'd just og with the tomahawk anyways. Also what chip do you plan to oc? What cooler do you have?

no i was just asking for knowledge i already have the tomahawk max with a ryzen 5 3600@4.2ghz on all cores no problem. my cooler is a gigabyte atc800 rgb cooler

The VRMs on both are identical, so they should be similar in terms of overclocking capabilities.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC