SSD on pcie 4.0 support

It's interesting how many topics there are on gen4 pcie ssds, but no one ever talks in which motherboards the ones with huge heat spreaders can fit. Are we supposed to remove the integrated ssd heat spreader and use the motherboard one, or can we use the integrated one and on which motherboard can we use which ssd. mostly i'm interested if the x570 strix f can fit the aorus pcie 4.0 or how is that supposed to work?

Depends on where you want to mount it. If you mount it under the CPU and that's a place where you would also slot in your GPU, then you obviously can't use it (and must default to the mobo supplied heatsink.

You could use the lower one, but you need to look at a block diagram for the board to make sure that slot is going through CPU lanes and not PCH lanes otherwise you get a performance penalty.

Edit: It looks like that top M.2 slot is higher than the PCIe slot, but might run into the M.2 heatsink if the backplate of the GPU is tall.

Mh, bad Board for Gen4 M.2 SSD i guess.
Since every slot is covered, you wont have any option to fit an SSD with a big heatsink already installed on it.

My ASUS Prime x570 Pro got 2 Slots, one under the CPU which is completely free of any obstruction which can easily fit an Gen4 M.2 SSD with a Big heatsink, and the lower one right next to the Chipset which got an Heatsink premounted on the board which can fit any Gen3 SSD without heatsinks.

So i guess its about MoBo manufacturers thinking about their design or not thinking about it.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X | GPU: Vega 64   | RAM: 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z | Storage:  Samsung 850 / Corsair MP510  | Mainboard: ASUS X570 Prime Pro | Case: Fractal Define R6 | PSU: Corsair RM750i  | Cooling: Custom Waterloop