Which are the best OBS settings to record Minecraft?

My Minecraft is prettied up with shaders and so on, looks great, however, when I record the gameplay, the end result loses color fidelity, and the mouse movement is a bit jerky too. I have a 3950x with 1660 super so should be enough. FPS are 144 when recording.

What sort of settings should I be using on OBS for optimal result? Also, which settings do you use in Vegas? I have been using the same 1080p Youtube preset since ages ago. But the raw recording is already not optimal with OBS so that comes first.

4 hours ago, MS-DOS said:

My Minecraft is prettied up with shaders and so on, looks great, however, when I record the gameplay, the end result loses color fidelity, and the mouse movement is a bit jerky too. I have a 3950x with 1660 super so should be enough. FPS are 144 when recording.

What sort of settings should I be using on OBS for optimal result? Also, which settings do you use in Vegas? I have been using the same 1080p Youtube preset since ages ago. But the raw recording is already not optimal with OBS so that comes first.

Well that’s a very odd choice of specs but that’s not the question at hand, make sure your using you cpus encoder in obs as that will not be getting used too much, as for the other setting such as bitrate you just need to experiment and see what works for you best for you, if you don’t want to play around too much then just look up tutorials on YouTube and go from there.

CPU: Amd Ryzen 3400g 

COOLER: Be Quite Dark Rock Pro 4

MOBO: Aorus x570 elite 

RAM: 2x8 Corsair Vengence 3200 MHz 

SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB

GPU: Powercolour Red Devil RX570 4GB

PSU: Corsair RM750x 80+ Gold

CASE: Coolermaster H500p Mesh

On 5/5/2020 at 3:10 AM, RoryRB said:

Well that’s a very odd choice of specs but that’s not the question at hand, make sure your using you cpus encoder in obs as that will not be getting used too much, as for the other setting such as bitrate you just need to experiment and see what works for you best for you, if you don’t want to play around too much then just look up tutorials on YouTube and go from there.

Ive tried some recommended settings and it just doesnt look as it should.

1 hour ago, Not Wills said:

right, i found a solution to minecraft in obs be jerky, exit fullscreen so its windowed, then it should be fixed

how do i launch it borderless windowed? i will try this

but still need to get the colors right