[URGENT] Operating system not found?

Hosp

So basically, I was trying to extend my local drive C storage by installing MiniTool Partition Wizard and because I'm of curious nature, I click everything I see even if it specifically warns me not to, long story short I activated something that I shouldn't have and now when I try to boot up windows it says: "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system. 

Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart", and I tried everything and it didn't work.

I don't know what specs to put here so heres everything I can get from the BIOS:

SATA Port 1: Hitachi HTS547 and more numbers that I don't know if I should include.

SATA Port 2: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-208BB

CPU Vendor: Intel (R)

CPU Type: Core (TM) i5 - 3210M CPU (old i know)

CPU Speed: 2.50 GHz

CPU VT: Supported

Memory: 4096mb, only slot 2 installed.

BIOS version: P04RAC

MICOM version: P04RAC

here are some photos that I took of the "boot" menu: 

Also some keys on my keyboard don't work: most important are : f4 to f8 and f11 +  f12.

I also don't wanna reset my HDD, because it has a lot of my childhood photos and I wouldn't like to delete them.

I tried booting from a USB but for some reason the USB does not show up / work.

I can only switch from UEFI and Legacy to only legacy and I already tried both with no success

Thanks for taking your time reading my post and I wish you might have a response to me ASAP as I have online lessons tommorow

IMG_3574[1].JPG

Buy another drive, install OS to that and swear never do anything like that to a boot drive when it's holding the OS

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

1 minute ago, Jurrunio said:

Buy another drive, install OS to that and swear never do anything like that to a boot drive when it's holding the OS

If thats the only way I could restore it I will, but first I need to clear up if theres any possibility that I could restore it, I have seen certain tutorials on youtube saying I need to boot windows on a usb and then disactivate the thing I did using cmd, but I'm not sure how I could do that if my usb isn't showing up.

Thanks for the reply anyways.

So you probably nuked the boot partition, and maybe all the other partitions too.

If you happen to have another computer you can attach that drive to it and pull out any files you need, and possibly use a data recovery tool if you nuked the partition for your files too, before reinstalling Windows. If you don't you'll either need to get a new drive to boot to or you might be able to repair it by following the steps here: http://woshub.com/how-to-repair-deleted-efi-partition-in-windows-7/

Just be wary that if you go off the rails like you did with MiniTool Partition Wizard you'll lose your data even harder than you have now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

I might be spewing out gibberish but here is what I think I did: I activated another drive as the drive that had the operating system?

I think it was defaultly d: drive but i changed it to c : which is the drive that has my Windows file as the warning said that the drive needed to have that in order to work, so i don't know why it doesn't work..? (if this is all nonsense please ignore)

10 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

So you probably nuked the boot partition, and maybe all the other partitions too.

If you happen to have another computer you can attach that drive to it and pull out any files you need, and possibly use a data recovery tool if you nuked the partition for your files too, before reinstalling Windows. If you don't you'll either need to get a new drive to boot to or you might be able to repair it by following the steps here: http://woshub.com/how-to-repair-deleted-efi-partition-in-windows-7/

Just be wary that if you go off the rails like you did with MiniTool Partition Wizard you'll lose your data even harder than you have now.

I would try to do that but my USB doesn't seem to be showing up / booting up windows..? I tried changing the boot priority and fiddling around with the BIOS, but it still didn't seem to work..

5 hours ago, Hosp said:

I am 100% sure it didn't, if it did is there any way I can check if it actually did die?

To check if it actually died, you will need to try to install an operating system like Windows or Ubuntu (or whatever version of Linux you want). Under Custom install for windows, if your drive shows up, its fine. If it doesn't, its dead

11 hours ago, MrPenguinPants9 said:

To check if it actually died, you will need to try to install an operating system like Windows or Ubuntu (or whatever version of Linux you want). Under Custom install for windows, if your drive shows up, its fine. If it doesn't, its dead

I tried my drive on another laptop, ended up installing another os there and then inserted it in my "old" laptop