Time To Upgrade!

KushKomputers

I am up for an upgrade in a few days and I currently have a HTC evo 4g. I live in Michigan and sprint gives me spotty 4g. I am trying to make the disission between the iPhone 5 for $150 or the HTC one for $200. I do not want to dish out $250 for a plastic thing, gs4. Everyone I know has an iPhone and would make things integrate easier. Any recommendations?

AMD FX-8350 OC to 4.5ghz      Evga gtx 660       SilverStone FT03      Samsung 840 128gb  

I would recommend the HTC One

It has everything the iPhone 5 has and the S3 has; combined.

I was going to say S4 but HTC one is perfectly fine too, however if you plan to buy the One and you put a case on it then... you might as well get the S4 since you wont be feeling dat sexy aluminium! 

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

I'd go with the one if you don't want the S4. I put cases on all of my phones, so the aluminium case of the One is a non factor for me. I personally go with the S4 if possible and most people(the young hipster teens) are moving towards Andriod.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Depends on how long you plan to use your phone and whether or not you tend to sell the older ones in order to raise funds for the new toy.

I'd say only get a HTC One, if you're willing to sell it on before this time next year.

The iPhone will hold it's value much better and it's much easier to open and replace the battery as well as pretty much every other part of the phone, which makes it the better option for those who buy and sell refurbished phones. And, well there are tons of people/hipsters who like Apple's hard- and software.

Personally, I think that the One's built in battery is a real deal breaker. If it wasn't for that major flaw, I would be allover the One and wouldn't even care about the S4 at all. HTC could have won this year, but they dropped the ball again. Also, even Linus said that he'd love to have a sd card slot in his One.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.