MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus no video output

Hi i have some problems with the PC I built. When I start it I first get the Ez Debug CPU light for a few seconds, then all lights turn off and then its the VGA light constantly. I don't get any image output on my monitor.
I have the following parts:

• ZOTAC GAMING GeForce GTX 1660 Super Twin
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X (8x 3,6 GHz) 36MB Sock
  • MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus ATX Mainboard S
  • 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX Black
  • Samsung SSD 860 EVO Series 500GB 
  • 700W PSU (only not newly bought part, but worked fine before)

I already verified that the GPU works by plugging it into another PC but when I have it in this PC I always get the VGA light. Power cables are plugged in for everything, except the additional 4 CPU pins (8 pin plugged in, +4 not) since my PSU only has the normal 8pin CPU power.
No idea what the Bios version is since I don't have any video output.
The monitor I'm using is pretty old and I'm using an HDMI to DVI cable, but it works fine with my laptop.

I already tried a cmos bios reset too.

how much time did you give it on it's initial boot up?   Ryzen systems take an uncomfortable amount of time on their first boot sequence.  I've built 4 system now based of Ryzen CPU's and every time it makes me think something isn't working, then it it pops up. 

Aside from that, you could trying clearing the CMOS on your board, just to make sure.  

Then the easiest mistake to make, are you plugging your video cable into the Graphics card or the Motherboard?  It won't work at all if it's plugged into the motherboard's HDMI output because the CPU you have does not have integrated graphics.

1 hour ago, pstarlord said:

how much time did you give it on it's initial boot up?   Ryzen systems take an uncomfortable amount of time on their first boot sequence.  I've built 4 system now based of Ryzen CPU's and every time it makes me think something isn't working, then it it pops up. 

Aside from that, you could trying clearing the CMOS on your board, just to make sure.  

Then the easiest mistake to make, are you plugging your video cable into the Graphics card or the Motherboard?  It won't work at all if it's plugged into the motherboard's HDMI output because the CPU you have does not have integrated graphics.

i have given a few minutes on initial boot up and after clearing cmos and flashing newest bios. In between while testing around i usually just waited for it to be on the VGA light for a few seconds to a minute at most.

cleared CMOS, same result and also did a bios flash to the newest bios. With the new bios (or because i was too stupid before) it jumps to BOOT light, still no video output though. I have the SSD and a usb stick with windows on it so there should be bootable devices. 

gpu no worries

• 1 year later...

Hi MrXonte, 
I currently have the same problem with my PC. It worked perfectly for around 6 month an suddenly the video output was gone. GPU works fine in an other PC. 

Did you solve your problem?