SFX PSU 450W~

vK 3 1 RON
Go to solution Solved by Slottr,
3 minutes ago, vK 3 1 RON said:

The AF is the 12nm one right? Just cause they don't list it as AF in the UK sites. Well, to be honest out of the 4 sites I checked only 1 actually listed the architecture size, the others just have "Ryzen 5 1600" lists. I did try Ryzen at the start, but the ITX boards seem to be £100+ on pcpartpicker, but got any suggestions for one of them and I'll have my own look around sites? 

Any of the boards sub 100$ for the 9100F will be crappy, so really you'd be stuck with that as is.

Here's the pcpp page for the 12nm 1600:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/8HqBD3/amd-ryzen-5-1600-12nm-32-ghz-6-core-processor-yd1600bbafbox

Look at a fatality board or the gaming plus board.

This route is significantly better than the 9100F, there's no reason to go such a way.

If this is too expensive, look at mATX. It's an extremely cheap platform to build on and the size isn't that bad if you buy a fair case.

Hi guys I've had a browse of the tier list, but the names are a bit confusing when looking through multiple different lineups of the same brand across the tiers and the names not exactly matching up / some PSUs ain't on it, so I thought I'd make a post to get some more specific help with my query. I've got a friend who's looking to build a travel-friendly PC, so ITX was where I went, I'll skip most of the build but I aim to get a dedicated GPU in, it won't be playing the most recent AAA games so I won't be cramming a 2070 or 1650S in it, not too power hungry. I thought 450W should do it for future upgrade-ability to mid-range. Anyone got suggestions for a Small form factor psu? I know I could cram in a regular PSU but I want to give myself more breathing room. 

Edit: The case I'm currently looking at is a SilverStone Sg13

Many thanks,

vK 

EVGA GM or Corsair SF units are perfectly fine.

What case are you using? What parts?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

What case are you using? What parts?

SG13, and the parts are unsure yet, probably looking at a 9100F and maybe a 570? 560? We'll have to see more about the GPU and what he wants. It'll be entry-level because money lol. He's a uni student that switches between his home and his university accommodation often in the year 

1 minute ago, vK 3 1 RON said:

SG13, and the parts are unsure yet, probably looking at a 9100F and maybe a 570? 560? We'll have to see more about the GPU and what he wants. It'll be entry-level because money lol. He's a uni student that switches between his home and his university accommodation often in the year 

If you're looking at cheaper, get a 1600AF chip. They're 85$ and will easily beat the 9100F. Used RX 580's go fairly cheap, I'd look into that.

Regarding the psu/case thing- the SG13's support for an ATX psu if fine, and it's an easy way to save more than 50 bucks. You just have to make sure the cooler is shorter.

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

If you're looking at cheaper, get a 1600AF chip. They're 85$ and will easily beat the 9100F. Used RX 580's go fairly cheap, I'd look into that.

Regarding the psu/case thing- the SG13's support for an ATX psu if fine, and it's an easy way to save more than 50 bucks. You just have to make sure the cooler is shorter.

The AF is the 12nm one right? Just cause they don't list it as AF in the UK sites. Well, to be honest out of the 4 sites I checked only 1 actually listed the architecture size, the others just have "Ryzen 5 1600" lists. I did try Ryzen at the start, but the ITX boards seem to be £100+ on pcpartpicker, but got any suggestions for one of them and I'll have my own look around sites? 

8 minutes ago, Slottr said:

If you're looking at cheaper, get a 1600AF chip. They're 85$ and will easily beat the 9100F. 

Just to add, the 9100f is listed at £67 which is about $83 

3 minutes ago, vK 3 1 RON said:

Any of the boards sub 100$ for the 9100F will be crappy, so really you'd be stuck with that as is.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/8HqBD3/amd-ryzen-5-1600-12nm-32-ghz-6-core-processor-yd1600bbafbox

This route is significantly better than the 9100F, there's no reason to go such a way.

If this is too expensive, look at mATX. It's an extremely cheap platform to build on and the size isn't that bad if you buy a fair case.

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Yeah okay, cool, I'll look into those routes too then. Thanks very much :)