Buzzing sound when i turn on a game.

EmoChipmonk

there is a kind of buzzing sound when i turn on a game. i am having an issue where if i turn on a game the system blips then the moniters arnt reconized and i have to restart the pc to fix this. Is this the psu or gpu?

2 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Is the buzzing coming from the gpu or psu is it a kind of coilwhine sound ? 

Its an older system btw. and im not really sure what kind of sound it is and i dont know what its coming from. The psu is a cx600m. its about 6 years old.  The video card is a 970 prob 4 years old.

21 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

there is a kind of buzzing sound when i turn on a game. i am having an issue where if i turn on a game the system blips then the moniters arnt reconized and i have to restart the pc to fix this. Is this the psu or gpu?

Be it the GPU is acting weird and having issue (locking up the system) or your PSU is having an issue providing the power needed. (Even tho its rated, it could have gotten worse over time)

Do you have another system or a friends system to try the GPU in?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Buzzing aside.... if its restarting thats a power issue.
Be it the GPU is acting weird and having issue or your PSU is having an issue providing the power needed. (Even tho its rated, it could have gotten worse over time)

well im not sure if its restarting. the game is still running and every thing else is. i can hear it. the moniter says the signal isnt compatable or somthing once it blinks out

1 hour ago, EmoChipmonk said:

well im not sure if its restarting. the game is still running and every thing else is. i can hear it. the moniter says the signal isnt compatable or somthing once it blinks out

If the system is still running its pretty save to say its a gpu prob would it be the psu the whole system would restart could u run a gpu stresstest and see if it dies aswell

1 hour ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

If the system is still running its pretty save to say its a gpu prob would it be the psu the whole system would restart could u run a gpu stresstest and see if it dies aswell

Should i just stop using it then?

1 hour ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

well i ran fire strike extream benchmark and stresstest and it kept going fine. other then being a bit loud.

1 minute ago, EmoChipmonk said:

well i ran fire strike extream benchmark and stresstest and it kept going fine. other then being a bit loud.

Could u try to do a fresh driver install ? If it does not crash while doing stresstests it might just be a driver prob 

1 minute ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Could u try to do a fresh driver install ? If it does not crash while doing stresstests it might just be a driver prob 

that was one of the first things i tried and it actually caused me to crash even faster then before.

2 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

that was one of the first things i tried and it actually caused me to crash even faster then before.

Mhh like the other guy said the best thing would be to test the gpu in another system to see if it crashes there aswell to see if its a pc prob or a gpu prob 

Check my post, you might find the answer you are looking for!

1 hour ago, Nyban said:

Sorry but not even close. Thos is a brand new issue for old parts. And it it never used to do this.

1 hour ago, Nyban said:

Also I dont think its kicking out the frames it used too. It's also having alot of trouble during start up some times.