BYOC transport

mikeike951

I'm debating doing the BYOC this year for LTX. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting your system there? I'm about a 16 hour drive from Vancouver, and it'd be far cheaper to fly. Did you use a smaller PC as an alternative to your larger system? Or did you spend enough time in the BYOC to recommend it worth the headache to get your system somehow out to Vancouver?

• 2 weeks later...

Linus did a video on this a while back for last year's LTX

Edited by Dr Snazz
Wanted to provide better info

figures

• 2 weeks later...

I complained about bringing my ITX system last year, but as it turned out it was well worth the effort.  I would check the airlines policy on lost or damaged luggage.  On Delta international flights their coverage is much less than the cost of most basic miniITX computers.  It’s a huge risk.  I packed mine into a Wallye Tactik Duffle and carried it on the plane.  It was a pain to walk around airports with it, but people’s reaction to what I had built and the performance of a mITX system was well worth the trouble.  

I highly recommend participating in BYOC.  It’s nice to have a place to sit and relax while making new friends.