Ideas on making this a good PC?

LokiEml

has anyone heard of https://www.vip-scdkey.com ? 

3 hours ago, LokiEml said:

if the PSU check says Recommended Wattage: 594.51 W and more how high should i go?

for sure i would leave room, a 750w as minimum.

I can say this because my last build i used to have a 600W PSU and had issues because it was right on the cusp of power usage and would crash / instant shut down / powered off mid game or random times when the GPU and CPU needed a bit more juice, i got a 700W Silverstone high quality PSU and now no problem. 

give yourself at least 150W spare headroom. 

you might upgrade the memory to 32gig later so good to make sure you are covered now. 

i would say 750W - 850W is good. I don't know the power consumption of your system, the GPU and CPU etc, but if 594W is what the online calculator shows, does this include all the fans and lighting? for sure a 750W my friend. 

3 hours ago, LokiEml said:

if the PSU check says Recommended Wattage: 594.51 W and more how high should i go?

oh i forgot to say, for the price (amazing on the 1TB M.2 nvme) would you consider getting a 256 0r 500GB M.2 nvme drive for windows and then have your games etc on the 1TB drive. 

aalternatively if you want to save money you could get a 500 nvme M.2 for windows then a sata M.2 1TB or 2TB drive for games, then later date when you can afford it you can get nvme and clone all your (D folder / games drive) onto a new nvme M.2 at later time when you can afford to.

a Sata M.2 drive is as fast if not faster than an old school 2.5" Sata drive, plus its all about less cables, direct mount, small, easy to install, cleaner look. 

the older type Sata interface M.2 SSD drives are really cheap now as nvme M.2 is the faster version, but i would say its better than getting a 2.5" drive, its pretty much the same, just not inside a 2.5" size casing. 

6 hours ago, LokiEml said:

this is what im at now with changing things

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor    $309.00                

Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard         $123.99                                

G.Skill Trident Z Royal 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory         $122.99                

Western Digital Green 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive               $94.99  

Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive     $168.99                                          

Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card           $394.99                                

Thermaltake View 71 TG RGB ATX Full Tower Case            $149.99                                

EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply        $159.99                                           

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit   $139.99                

Thermaltake TT Sync SATA Powered 9 Port Addressable LED Controller TT Premium Edition (Compatible with ASUS Aura Sync, GIGABYTE RGB Fusion and MSI Mystic Light Sync) CL-O015-PL00BL-A  $24.64  

pretty good choices, make sure your motherboard supports WiFi, its always a bonus, but not the end of the world if it don't, 

ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) ATX Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, 12+2 with Dr. MOS Power Stage, HDMI, DP, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Aura Sync RGB Lighting

^^^ depending on ascetics i think this has better features than the Prime

i would always recommend a good m/board as its the backbone to your system and you usually get good features, onboard sound and fast interfaces, good build quality and ascetics.  review all your choices, go to the official websites and check out unboxing and performance videos of the components you are thinking about. 

about the WD SSD yes its good to get a SSD, have you considered M.2 , just to save on cables and be direct connect. WD do the exact same drive in a M.2 format. $40 CAN dollar more than 2.5" drive. 

anyway you can always upgrade later date. the main thing is getting a good nvme drive for windows, good m/board and the CPU choice is good spec. all other things are easy to upgrade or change at later dates. 

Corsair Carbide Series Air 540

^^^ for clean build this gives good options. i checked out the Thermaltake View 71 RGB, its expensive and no shroud for the PSU, so a lot of heat will be near your GPU and M/board.  i recommend looking at all options, there is so many, i know, but feel free to your own desires, its not my build or money, so its easy to say suggestions. all i can say is you will have to build this rig and look at it everyday so choose smart, and get something you can afford and is practical, good design and looks good to your own taste. 

nothing personnel here, just to me the 71 is old design, not many people need all them hard drive cages, even if you take them out there will be a big case with little inside it. 

i build my first PC in 1998, and the last 2 builds my own case and design. customisation is the highlight of the build, it feels good to use something you design / choose and built.

what cooler had you decided on? 

anyway its all up to you what you want to choose.  

Edited by Frayia
added information

3 hours ago, Frayia said:

pretty good choices, make sure your motherboard supports WiFi, its always a bonus, but not the end of the world if it don't, 

i would always recommend a good m/board as its the backbone to your system and you usually get good features, onboard sound and fast interfaces, good build quality and ascetics.  review all your choices, go to the official websites and check out unboxing and performance videos of the components you are thinking about. 

about the WD SSD yes its good to get a SSD, have you considered M.2 , just to save on cables and be direct connect. WD do the exact same drive in a M.2 format. $40 CAN dollar more than 2.5" drive. 

anyway you can always upgrade later date. the main thing is getting a good nvme drive for windows, good m/board and the CPU choice is good spec. all other things are easy to upgrade or change at later dates. 

what cooler had you decided on? 

im not liquid cooling it

look forward to the build log, and finished system. 

On 2/18/2020 at 7:09 AM, Frayia said:

look forward to the build log, and finished system. 

yeah ill probably make a video also :) and do i need liquid cooler? 

2 hours ago, LokiEml said:

yeah ill probably make a video also :) and do i need liquid cooler? 

No, a good air cooler will be fine, all depends if your the type of person that wants to overclock components.  coolers are easy to upgrade and change later on, i would put more money into your system and a good air cooler to get started and see how it runs. 

6 hours ago, Frayia said:

No, a good air cooler will be fine, all depends if your the type of person that wants to overclock components.  coolers are easy to upgrade and change later on, i would put more money into your system and a good air cooler to get started and see how it runs. 

i wont be overclocking just yet lol and the Ryzen 7 3700x comes with AMD Wraith Prism cooler

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what I should change? Like a good case that has at least one full side of tempered glass maybe the graphics card lol I want the royals even tho they cost a bit more and the power supply is also handy to have 

Screenshot_20200228-143127_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200228-143141_Chrome.jpg

I was looking at a Asus Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB STRIX Gaming OC Video Card but its 30 dollars more but if anyone suggests a graphics card know that my monitor are AMD freesync