Volatile framtime, gsync on freesync display

Khader87

So, i finally got rid of 5700xt, i got 2070s on LG 34UC79 which supposed to be gsync compatible and works fine as per multiple users and website.

and it does, no tearing whatsoever, but frametime is jumoing up and down like crazy even on steady frametime which doesnt give the smoothest gameplay.

turned freesync on my monitor.
under manage 3d on nvidia panel turned on gsync compatible.
turned on vsync
under gsync tab ticked the box of gsync.

anything else i need to do to steady those frametime?

8 hours ago, Khader87 said:

So, i finally got rid of 5700xt, i got 2070s on LG 34UC79 which supposed to be gsync compatible and works fine as per multiple users and website.

and it does, no tearing whatsoever, but frametime is jumoing up and down like crazy even on steady frametime which doesnt give the smoothest gameplay.

turned freesync on my monitor.
under manage 3d on nvidia panel turned on gsync compatible.
turned on vsync
under gsync tab ticked the box of gsync.

anything else i need to do to steady those frametime?

Try increase pre rendered frames.

IIRC Nvidia renamed this option in the NVCP to 'low latency mode' , select 'off' ..and it should allow frames to be rendered and queued which can help smooth out frame time spikes.

The old option actually allowed u to choose the number of frames, the new options only allows 0, 1 or ,i think 'off' is 4.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |