connecting Z906 to 2 computers,possible?

frozensun

I am having 2 PCs.

Can I connect these speakers via classic 6-channel direct (3.5mm jacks) to one of computer and to the second via digital optical audio out with oiptical audio cable to the motherboard and have  sound on both computers (ofc not at same time)?

If yes,will I have 5.1 surround sound via optical audio cable?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

if you can switch between 3.5 mm and optical as sources, then yes you can have them hooked up two different sources and switch between them

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

33 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

if you can switch between 3.5 mm and optical as sources, then yes you can have them hooked up two different sources and switch between them

what you mean switch?

There is no switch via remote,and I am not planing to use at same time,I plan to hook them to both PCs and when I turn ON any of the PCs will I have sound?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

6 minutes ago, frozensun said:

what you mean switch?

There is no switch via remote,and I am not planing to use at same time,I plan to hook them to both PCs and when I turn ON any of the PCs will I have sound?

This is what you have right?

image.png.e9c4a91111aefe2605df3a627e09b93b.png

I see a bunch of different input labels, which will have to be switched to. So if you want to use a different input, you'll have to switch to it

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

This is what you have right?

image.png.e9c4a91111aefe2605df3a627e09b93b.png

I see a bunch of different input labels, which will have to be switched to. So if you want to use a different input, you'll have to switch to it

yeah I forgot about console totally.Thx..

I'll buy then optical audio cable?

Will I have 5.1 surround sound over it?

Do I need some kind of extra quality cable?

3 minutes ago, frozensun said:

yeah I forgot about console totally.Thx..

I'll buy then optical audio cable?

Will I have 5.1 surround sound over it?

Do I need some kind of extra quality cable?

unfortunately a 3.5mm jack can't deliver 5 audio channels. only 2

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

unfortunately a 3.5mm jack can't deliver 5 audio channels. only 2

it's not 3.5mm jack it's optical jack...

2 minutes ago, frozensun said:

it's not 3.5mm jack it's optical jack...

oh yes, the optical cable can do 5.1

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

oh yes, the optical cable can do 5.1

you sure?

Where did you read it?

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

you sure?

Where did you read it?

it's what I'm using right now

Primary PC:

ah ok.

I bought cable.

There is some sort of plastic cover on optical audio output on MoBo...how do I remove it?

38 minutes ago, frozensun said:

ah ok.

I bought cable.

There is some sort of plastic cover on optical audio output on MoBo...how do I remove it?

If the cover looks like this:

Image result for optical spdif protective cover

You can just push the optical cable into the port, it's a little gate that opens.

If it looks like this:

Image result for optical spdif protective cover

You can pull the little plastic cover off, it might take a little bit of force but not too much. You can then plug the optical cable in.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

ok guys,thanks...will try tomorrow...too dark now here.