Question about GT 710 and monitor support

devezour

Does the GT 710 need any external power connectors or does it pull power off the mobo?

I really don't like running 3 monitors off of my 5700XT, thus why im asking this question.

Would i face any issues with the GT 710 and RX 5700XT running together?

Just now, devezour said:

Does the GT 710 need any external power connectors or does it pull power off the mobo?

I really don't like running 3 monitors off of my 5700XT, thus why im asking this question.

It pulls all power from the mobo

You would only be able to play games on the 5700x connected monitors.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

Just now, BarackOBatman said:

It pulls all power from the mobo

You would only be able to play games on the 5700x connected monitors.

Sweet, answered my question perfectly.

Thanks man, cheers!

3 minutes ago, devezour said:

Sweet, answered my question perfectly.

Thanks man, cheers!

I would advise saving your money. There's nothing wrong with running all 3 monitors off of the 5700xt

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

7 minutes ago, BarackOBatman said:

I would advise saving your money. There's nothing wrong with running all 3 monitors off of the 5700xt

Well.

I suppose you're right.

Thanks for your help man.

8 minutes ago, devezour said:

Why do you not like running all 3 off the 5700xt? It's not like it will negatively impact performance in any noticeable way. Just a plain waste to buy an extra GPU to run 3 monitors. If you ran out of ports on a GPU because you were running like 5 to 6 monitors then I could understand but 3 is such a tiny amount.

Just now, devezour said:

Well.

I suppose you're right.

Thanks for your help man.

You're Welcome