Help with backplate for Cooler!

SlimShady99

Hello, Im installing an Arctic Freezer 34 Esports Duo on my Ryzen 5 3600, B450 Aorus Pro motherboard AM4 socket.

The backplate that comes with the box is for Intel so I have to use the one I have for AM4. The thing is, I can install It, but Its left a tiny space between the motherboard and the backplate that doesnt perfectly fit and lets my cooler almost no touching my CPU so It gets thermalthrottled everytime. I think Im missing something that keeps the backplate attached to the motherboard but I dont know what it is, Ive tried to put 4 screws behind but It doesnt attach It. Ive been using the stock AMD cooler so I didnt have this problem, Im inserting some photos, If needed I can do a video showing how the backplate is not attached enough to the motherboard. Thank you :)

15769330890607209160829394331450.jpg

15769331344092956481462153964501.jpg

15769331492322811569624785736678.jpg

Backplate doesn't attach to anything by itself, it'll be loose until you install cooler and tighten washers (presumably) all the way to the stop, you can't damage it, these standoffs wouldn't let you. Or you didn't screw these standoffs all the way through backplate, hard to see on your photo.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Just now, Juular said:

Backplate doesn't attach to anything by itself, it'll be loose until you install cooler and tighten washers (presumably) all the way to the stop, you can't damage it, these standoffs wouldn't let you. Or you didn't screw these standoffs all the way through backplate, hard to see on your photo.

Yes I screwed them to the very end, and once the cooler is installed everything is tightened but Its still loose..

2 minutes ago, SlimShady99 said:

Yes I screwed them to the very end, and once the cooler is installed everything is tightened but Its still loose..

Assemble it without motherboard and see if it's right, measure the gap (i have no idea what it should be tho, gonna need to google that).

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Just now, Juular said:

Assemble it without motherboard and see if it's right, measure the gap (i have no idea what it should be tho, gonna need to google that).

Ok It seemed like I needed to make everything super tigh It now works perfectly, thank you for the quick replies! ;)

15769353710572310156531821579212.jpg