Possible upgrades?

Zeorth

Hi everyone, 

First off all, thanks for checking out my thread here. It's that time of year again and Christmas is rolling around and I was thinking about possibly upgrading my PC for future use. Below I have included my current build that I am using.

1. Budget & Location

My budget for upgrades is around 10000 SEK which equates to around 1100 USD. I also currently live in Sweden. 

2. Aim

I plan on playing games such as the new Modern Warfare, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Cyberpunk, Star Citizen etc. I will also be using this computer for photo editing as well as programming.

3. Monitors

I'm currently just running 1 monitor at 144 Hz 1080p. I plan on moving up to one or two 165 Hz 1440p monitors alongside my current one which will give me 2-3 monitors.

4. Peripherals

I have all my peripherals and an OS.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I have decided that I want to improve my current setup to get the most out of every game. I also aim to completly redo my desk setup and make it fully white with black accents so a white themed build would be great. I also want to put the PC on my desk rather than on the floor where it currently is so preferably parts that look appealing.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($119.00 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49 CFM CPU Cooler  ($55.74 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($249.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($74.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB STRIX Video Card  ($899.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Define S ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($199.98 @ Amazon) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($229.98 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Razer Huntsman Elite Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($174.99 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Razer Mamba Elite Wired Optical Mouse  ($58.99 @ Amazon) 
Headphones: Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 7.1 Channel  Headset  ($115.31 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2288.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-14 10:31 EST-0500

The only thing i'd change is the CPU (R5 3600 \ R7 3700X) and probably GPU (RTX2070S \ 2080S). It's a pity to dump the case you already have but if you want white one then look at Phanteks P400 Digital & FD Meshify C.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

4 minutes ago, Juular said:

The only thing i'd change is the CPU (R5 3600 \ R7 3700X) and probably GPU (RTX2070S \ 2080S). It's a pity to dump the case you already have but if you want white one then look at Phanteks P400 Digital & FD Meshify C.

Why would it be a pity to dump the case I currently have? I could always purchase a glass side-panel for it and spray paint it white.

1 minute ago, OreoPandas said:

Why would it be a pity to dump the case I currently have? I could always purchase a glass side-panel for it and spray paint it white.

Because you wanted to change it. If you're willing to mod it then why not :) Nothing bad with it.

A larger SSD might be another possible update, given that most of these games are quite large. You can get 1 TB fairly cheap now and you could possibly also look into using an nvme drive.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

9 minutes ago, Juular said:

Another question I have regards the GPUs and CPUs, would they make big improvement over my current GTX 1080 and R5 2600?

1 minute ago, OreoPandas said:

Another question I have regards the GPUs and CPUs, would they make big improvement over my current GTX 1080 and R5 2600?

For 1440p, yes, definitely.

average-fps_2560_1440.png

That and another ~10-20 FPS from the CPU upgrade.

11 minutes ago, OreoPandas said:

Whats your opinion on the Phanteks Eclipse P400S in white? @Juular

Phanteks P400A\Digital have way better thermals and the noise output will not be very different. I have Phanteks P400S, replaced it's front panel with P400A one and thermals dropped by like 10-15°C.