Help Custom Desk PC Build

Spoiler

1. Budget & Location - +/- $2,000-$4,000 USD

2. Aim - Dual system Desk PC with Custom Water Cooling. One for streaming, web browsing, basic video editing. The second for Heavy gaming, specifically high Physics based and high asset count games like X-Plane, Space Engineers, KSP, etc. and 3D modeling... 

3. Monitors - Three (3) monitors total, One (1) for the Gaming PC (Pixio PX329), two (2) for Streaming PC (Asus VE248Q). I am open to suggestions for monitors to the Streaming PC but they are a low priority. Keeping resolution below 4K, 1920 is my current preferred.
4. Peripherals - No extra peripherals needed, replacements are already choosen. Using Windows 10.
5. Why are you upgrading? - Looking to minimize my current PC's footprint with a custom Desk PC while increasing overall performance by segregating installed programs and duties.

Greetings Everyone,
Im in the mood for upgrading/changing up my setup to both take up less space and be overall more efficient... 
Here is my Current Build from Pc Part Picker along with a picture of the setup below. I am open to reusing parts from the current rig for the new rig but being a lifetime Intel user and an AMD pleb, Im open to the possibility of switching sides and learning more about Team Red.

Spoiler

78467251_478992342722586_915363856987979776_n.thumb.jpg.191b065def2bb169810bd68378bccea0.jpg

For the Desk PC I am currently looking into this setup, but I am open to suggestions and will update this list based on feedback. 
The aim is for a Dual PC system with both an Editing/Streaming rig and a High End Gaming machine. I play a lot of Physics based and high asset count games like Kerbal Space Program, Space Engineers, The X series (X beyond the frontier, X2, X3 Reunion, X Rebirth), Sins of a Solar Empire, Arma 3, Universe Sandbox, and X-Plane 11, Escape from Tarkov and I would like to play these games/simulators at or very near highest physical settings. I am also beginning to learn how to use 3D programs (Auto Desk 123D) and do some light weight video editing from time to time.
Aesthetically I would like to try to keep them similar or close enough that they wont stand out to much for an OCD person... lol

Gaming Rig - 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Streaming Rig - 

Water Cooling components - 

Monoblock - EK-Quantum Momentum Aorus x570 Master D-RGB
GPU Block - EK-FC1080 GTX

Im currently still flushing out the model for how the final case will look but the provided image below is close enough that it still give you the idea for the layout. Im taking inspiration from a youtuber that basically created a Hermetically Sealed chamber for the PC components by putting the radiators outside of the case. Currently the space for the mobo is large enough to fit up to an EATX board plus a remote mounted GPU with the cavity being 556mm (21.9in) by 339.5mm (13.4in) but am leaning more towards the smaller compact setups to have more visible in the windows, But I am interested in your opinions on this.

Currently shown in the below image and is strongly subject to change!

Spoiler

Left Side -

Mobo - Asus TUF B450M-Pro MATX
GPU - EVGA GTX 1060

Water Cooling -
EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM
EK-CoolStream PE 360

3x NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 PWM

Center - 
PSU -
Phanteks Revolt X 1200W
Uplift Desk Controller

Right Side - 
Mobo - Asus TUF Z390M-Pro MATX
GPU - EVGA GTX 1080
Water Cooling -
EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM
EK-CoolStream PE 360

3x NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 PWM

Desk2_2.thumb.jpg.c5bac41a729078f52b763ab1f0e4d298.jpg

Water Cooling - 

As far as water cooling is concerned I know the CPU and GPU are the primary components needed in a loop but that's only if the other components are in some form of minimal airflow environment. Since I am trying to kill all airflow in the PC chambers, should I also be looking into Ram and Mobo water blocks? If so are there any suggestions on what blocks to look into? 

I know EK seems to be the general go to for water blocks and aesthetically I am ok with them but Im also open to other suggestions to other reliable Custom Water Cooling products.

Looking forward to everyones feedback and feel free to ask questions.
~ Spectre25

Bump...

Would greatly appreciate feedback regarding this build and input regarding custom water cooling loops...

Bump...

Really? A week later and no one has any input, not even regarding having a zero air flow pc? Are my 4th and 5th respective PC builds EVER just "that good" that no one sees any fault in them? 
Would greatly appreciate feedback regarding this build and input regarding custom water cooling loops...

Sometimes "we" meaning the people in forums can not answer if there are so many other guys trying to get help. 

For example i try to answer all of the people and sometimes i miss a post cause of so many people to help.

But anyway, since the gpus pull the air to the gpu itself and push it out, you should drill holes in the desk where you gpu fans are located. And possible holes to the back of the gpu since its pushing the air out.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

9 hours ago, SavageNeo said:

But anyway, since the gpus pull the air to the gpu itself and push it out, you should drill holes in the desk where you gpu fans are located. And possible holes to the back of the gpu since its pushing the air out.

Hmm... ?... While I appreciate you taking the time to comment, perhaps you should read the main post first...

This build is going to be a custom water cooled PC, GPU included, with the radiators being external so the PC components have zero airflow...

• 2 weeks later...

Bump...

Really? Nothing???

2 hours ago, Spectre25 said:

Bump...

Really? Nothing???

Hello,

The build themselves aren't too bad, you should look at the MSI B450 MAX instead since they are 3k ready out of the box.

For watercooling I have exactly zero knowledge but as you said there is EK and I know about alphacool.

Note also that a single 3900x/3950x + 2080ti would cost around the same as the 2 builds while being able to game and stream easily at the same time.

For the desk, I'd recommend adding intake fans from the bottom near the radiators and use the fans on the radiators as exhaust (making holes with dust filters).

Gaming Rig :

You can use your actual build with this mATX (9900k is a beafy CPU). 32Gb of rams would be enough too.

Streaming build :

Looks good, maybe too much ram :P 

Don't get the Samsung 970, they are good but overpriced, for less you have the Corsair MP510 or HP 920EX for example.

I won't be able to help you with the watercooling part though.

17 hours ago, Plouffe said:

Hello,

1 - The build themselves aren't too bad, you should look at the MSI B450 MAX instead since they are 3k ready out of the box.

2 - For watercooling I have exactly zero knowledge but as you said there is EK and I know about alphacool.

3 - Note also that a single 3900x/3950x + 2080ti would cost around the same as the 2 builds while being able to game and stream easily at the same time.

4 - For the desk, I'd recommend adding intake fans from the bottom near the radiators and use the fans on the radiators as exhaust (making holes with dust filters).

5 - Gaming Rig :

You can use your actual build with this mATX (9900k is a beafy CPU). 32Gb of rams would be enough too.

6 - Streaming build :

Looks good, maybe too much ram :P 

7 - Don't get the Samsung 970, they are good but overpriced, for less you have the Corsair MP510 or HP 920EX for example.

I won't be able to help you with the watercooling part though.

1 - Lately I've actually been eyeballing the Z390 and X570 Aorus Master mobos… Trying to keep both systems aesthetically similar so my ocd doesn't scream at me every time I sit at the desk... ?... I have also been looking into Z390 Aorus Xtreme Waterforce Motherboard as its already setup for overkilled water cooling but I haven't seen anything regarding an AMD version. Though, I do have an i7-6700K laying around I could use instead of the ryzen 3600... ?

2 - Yeah, similar boat here, which is why Im more inclined to use mobo's EK already has monoblocks for or other easy to  find water block companies…

3 - I've done the whole one PC for gaming and streaming thing with my current rig, and while even this one is over kill for some games, my two primaries still tend to chew through everything its got to offer, so I'd rather split the duties to save every bit of performance... Plus I've been having this weird issue where running a game, discord, and a few Edge tabs open, I start to notice stuttering on things like youtube…

4 - The model doesn't reflect the current version but the cavity for the radiators are very large with many wholes planed for airflow. ?

5 - Yep, was planning on recycling the 9900K for this desk, and sadly the programs I run, 32gb's still doesn't seem like enough... X-Plane 11 runs at a measly 30-45fps... 

6 - haha, yeah probably don't need 64gb's, 32 would probably be fine for streaming and editing... ?

7 - Not a big fan of HP products in general, and the 510 didn't popup when looking for 1tb drives so I swapped it for the cheaper Samsung 860 Evo 1tb...

Updated OP...

13 hours ago, Spectre25 said:

1 - Lately I've actually been eyeballing the Z390 and X570 Aorus Master mobos… Trying to keep both systems aesthetically similar so my ocd doesn't scream at me every time I sit at the desk... ?... I have also been looking into Z390 Aorus Xtreme Waterforce Motherboard as its already setup for overkilled water cooling but I haven't seen anything regarding an AMD version. Though, I do have an i7-6700K laying around I could use instead of the ryzen 3600... ?

I would still go with the 3600 instead but... a 3700x would make more sense with such a high end motherboard. Also both Aorus Elite (Z390 and x570) are capable to OC both CPU quite easily, for less and also save some bucks (and more sense for a 3600 too).

3 - I've done the whole one PC for gaming and streaming thing with my current rig, and while even this one is over kill for some games, my two primaries still tend to chew through everything its got to offer, so I'd rather split the duties to save every bit of performance... Plus I've been having this weird issue where running a game, discord, and a few Edge tabs open, I start to notice stuttering on things like youtube…

Fair enough :) 

4 - The model doesn't reflect the current version but the cavity for the radiators are very large with many wholes planed for airflow. ?

Noted :P 

5 - Yep, was planning on recycling the 9900K for this desk, and sadly the programs I run, 32gb's still doesn't seem like enough... X-Plane 11 runs at a measly 30-45fps... 

Something's wrong here ?

7 - Not a big fan of HP products in general, and the 510 didn't popup when looking for 1tb drives so I swapped it for the cheaper Samsung 860 Evo 1tb...

I found a better M.2 for less :) (M.2 NVMe instead of M.2 SATA).

Gaming :

Streaming :

Since the 3600 will only be doing streaming, alone it should be fine, otherwise the 3700x is a better choice (the motherboard is still more than capable for the 3700x).