Screen freezes constantly

JorgeSuarez
Go to solution Solved by Founders,

Use DDU first before reinstalling your display drivers. 

Core I5 8600k

gigabyte gtx 1080 wf oc

gigabyte Z370P D3

Evga 650w bronze 

evga 240 AIO CLC

Intel optane 32GB

For a long time I was playing normally on this machine. Sometime ago the screen started to freeze from time to time and has since only increased in frecuency to the point where my games are rather unplayable. I don't think It is a temp issue since The cooler is more than enough and I have 4 fans(3 in, 1 out). I really don't get why this is happening since fps wise it is still in good performance like 110-120 in apex. Also this seems to happen more in more demanding games.

How are your temps at load/in game? Is your system overclocked at all? Are all your drivers up to date? Is Windows up to date? Have you tried a clean install of your Nvidia drivers?

15 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

How are your temps at load/in game? Is your system overclocked at all? Are all your drivers up to date? Is Windows up to date? Have you tried a clean install of your Nvidia drivers?

@Ehmc130 

I' ve just checked the temps when stessed with aidas 64 an the GPU doesn't go above 70 and the CPU above 50. No overclock at all. Yes, drivers are up to date. I think I tried reintalling once, could try again cause I don't remember.