Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Meln

Low GPU usage in games (only)

Problem solved by doing a clean install of W10.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello All,

I've a RTX 2080ti paired with a R7 3700X. I'm playing on W10 with a 144 Hz panel at 2k resolution.

Few days ago I started to see some problems with GPU usage only in games (it always stays at 60%). However, when I test the GPU with 3DMark I get 99% of usage.

The only thing that I changed was MSI afterburner which I updated from beta 2 to beta 3.

I've uninstalled the drivers with DDU and also the MSI afterburner (reverting it back to beta 2).

Despite all my efforts I'm still getting low GPU usage when playing the same games I played before where I usually got 95+%.

I don't know what to do next :/

What games and settings are you playing on?

CPU  Ryzen 5 3600x  MOBO  Prime X370-Pro  RAM  Hyper X Predator RGB 3000mhz  GPU  Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 56  BOOT Adata XPG SX8200 nvme SSD  Crucial BX 240gb x 2  HDD  WD Blue 500gb x 2  PSU Fractal Edison M 750w  Cooling Corsair H110i GT Extreme 280mm aio with 2 x 140mm Chromax ,Aerocool P7 F12 rgb fan x3 + controller CASE Aerocool P7-C1

I have the same issue with Ryzen 5 2600 and Gtx 1070 ti, I have tried everything and doesnt help idk what to do next.

Posted · Original PosterOP

@Belas Yes, I saw your post :/ I don't know what is happening and how to troubleshoot this. Don't know if it is hardware related or software..

Posted · Original PosterOP · Best Answer

Problem solved by doing a clean install of W10.