Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Desmond20012

My Laptop crashes whenever I do some light photo/video editing

Posted · Original PosterOP

Recently I bought a laptop for normal study usage. its a Lenovo ideapad IdeaPad S340-15api.

I wanted to use vegas pro 14 for video editing. But whenever I started the program, my laptop screen will go black. I had similar experience when using photoshop.

The same goes to playing some video games. Some game will crash and some won't. I suspect its due to overheating, but the overheating would make a click sound followed by a black screen.

is my laptop unable to handle the load or is the power supply limiting it?

Here is the full spec of my laptop:

Laptop Model: 81NC00B5MJ

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3500u

GPU : Integrated AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics

Memory : 4GB soldered + 4GB DDR4-2400

Storage: 1 TB HDD, 128GB NVMe SSD

BIOS Version : AMCN24WW(V1.07)

AC Adapter: 65W power adapter

Reinstall Windows. If it doesn't go away after you make sure all the drivers are installed and whatnot, RMA it.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: XFX R7 370 4GB with an Arctic Twin Turbo II Storage: WD Blue 1tb and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and Dell P2210 Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S (MX Browns) with Varmillo black and grey PBT dye-sub caps Mousepad: Steelseries QcK Headset:  Sennheiser HD 4.40

I like Team Fortress 2 and Minecraft. Volvo makes the best cars.

dont re install windows yet i would check thermals while your working see if its over heating if not check event viewer and see if you can pin down the issue and as a last resort reinstall windows and if nothing else just rma it