Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CDD1029

Does anyone know of a mouse that can record movements and clicks and repeat it?

Posted · Original PosterOP

^^ basically all I need, but I'll explain why I need it too. So at my work, there is a task that needs done, but it'd be a huge waste of company time for anyone to be assigned. It would to just open each file in the going out of commission system, and doing save as to a new file so we can move it over to windows 10. If this were my own computer, I know I could just record a macro with something like ghost mouse, and then just run that indefinitely. I doubt security would let that kind of program go in...

I thought I'd ask, I appreciate you all taking the time to read and any input. 

what about a python script. any logitech/razer/corsair gaming mouse will let you run lua script or macro.

but again it seems like a basic script will get the job done perfectly.

2 minutes ago, ACEHACK said:

what about a python script. any logitech/razer/corsair gaming mouse will let you run lua script or macro.

but again it seems like a basic script will get the job done perfectly.

I don't know much about the python side. my only experience was something like pyautogui but I stopped doing it when it got weird... I do have an mx master 25, never knew I could run a lua script. I'll look into it... My only knowledge of lua was the one Taran vid from a while back. Thank you!!

you need the logitech g hub, the old logitech software doesn't support it. and also update its firmware while your at it

11 minutes ago, ACEHACK said:

you need the logitech g hub, the old logitech software doesn't support it. and also update its firmware while your at it

do you know if I can set up the macro and g hub on my personal computer, and then just run it on a different one without needing to download the g hub or anything else?

I can recommend AutoIT. I've used it myself to click "no" on a dialog box that pops up for a program I have it set to run at startup (at least I did until I changed that setup). But I also use it for clicking a button once that same software loads to play a looping sound automatically. It's definitely what you're looking for as GUI manipulation is what AutoIT was made for.

3 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

I can recommend AutoIT. I've used it myself to click "no" on a dialog box that pops up for a program I have set to run at startup (at least I did until I changed that setup). But I also use it for clicking a button once that same software loads to play a looping sound automatically. It's definitely what you're looking for as GUI manipulation is what AutoIT was made for.

Thank you! I will try it tomorrow at work. I assume security will be similar on the windows 10 vs windows 7