SATA SSD not showing

Jstnnnne

Hi, I have a b450 aorus pro wifi motherboard. The problem I have is I installed an additional sata ssd, specifically the crucial bx500 480gb, but it doesnt show up in the bios. I have an m.2 nvme ssd installed and it says in the manual, it disabled 2 sata ports. So my 2 hdd are installed on the other 2 sata ports i have. I installed the bx500 on the asata port in the board, and it doesnt show up in bios or in win 10. :/

11 minutes ago, Jstnnnne said:

Hi, I have a b450 aorus pro wifi motherboard. The problem I have is I installed an additional sata ssd, specifically the crucial bx500 480gb, but it doesnt show up in the bios. I have an m.2 nvme ssd installed and it says in the manual, it disabled 2 sata ports. So my 2 hdd are installed on the other 2 sata ports i have. I installed the bx500 on the asata port in the board, and it doesnt show up in bios or in win 10. :/

Where is the M.2 insalled?  If it's in slot M2A_SOCKET then it shouldn't affect the SATA3 #3 and 4 ports.  Only the lower M2B_SOCKET.

23 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Where is the M.2 insalled?  If it's in slot M2A_SOCKET then it shouldn't affect the SATA3 #3 and 4 ports.  Only the lower M2B_SOCKET.

It's installed in the M2B_Socket. That's why I installed the ssd in the asata port. :/

Should I just try installing the m.2 in the M2A_socket so I have the 4 sata ports available to me? I don't think my asata ports works.

1 minute ago, Jstnnnne said:

Should I just try installing the m.2 in the M2A_socket so I have the 4 sata ports available to me? I don't think my asata ports works.

Yup.  Pull the GPU, swap the M.2 to the upper slot and you are good to go.

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

Yup.  Pull the GPU, swap the M.2 to the upper slot and you are good to go.

Okay thanks. But I'm just wondering, why isn't the asata port showing my ssd even though it's not disabled?

2 minutes ago, Jstnnnne said:

Okay thanks. But I'm just wondering, why isn't the asata port showing my ssd even though it's not disabled?

Not sure.  It should be working according to the manual.  Maybe a BIOS setting?

24 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Not sure.  It should be working according to the manual.  Maybe a BIOS setting?

Hmmm. Can't find anything on the BIOS though. The APU Sata is enabled. :/ Maybe I'll just switch out the socket of the m.2. Thanks a lot

7 hours ago, Jstnnnne said:

Hmmm. Can't find anything on the BIOS though. The APU Sata is enabled. :/ Maybe I'll just switch out the socket of the m.2. Thanks a lot

You need to "add it" so windows can see it. Search for disk management. It should show up. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.