Do the 2070s worth it?

Tiago8v
1 minute ago, Tiago8v said:

Thanks mates! ;)
I will think a bit more... 2070S whould be my choise... I was looking at the Zotac 2070 super twin fan... the Amp Extreme would be a bit better... but its more money... :|

And I suppose that the twin fan can OC to have the same performance... maybe the temps will be around 5º higher I suppose...

What do you think?

some cards oc better. the higher end aib most of the time have better chips. thus they make those have the better coolers. and thus more costly. 

But it will be the same maybe 1-3% less fps. or more if you are lucky and your chip can oc better than a higher end aib. 
i would suggest doing some research via youtube and google on the specific cards that you want. I personally will get the gaming x trio 2070 super or 2080 non super. because i want to and can. xD 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

3 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

some cards oc better. the higher end aib most of the time have better chips. thus they make those have the better coolers. and thus more costly. 

But it will be the same maybe 1-3% less fps. or more if you are lucky and your chip can oc better than a higher end aib. 
i would suggest doing some research via youtube and google on the specific cards that you want. I personally will get the gaming x trio 2070 super or 2080 non super. because i want to and can. xD 

I saw some ppl archiving 1910mhz on the twinfan...:|
But idk if all Twin Fans can reach it...

CPU: AMD 3700x 4300mhz 1.3v                                                     Cooling: CoolerMaster ML240L

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS (Wi-Fi)                    RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL 3600MHz Trident Z RGB CL16

PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 750W 80+ Gold                                      GPU: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Twin Fan 8GB GD6

2 hours ago, hollyh88 said:

Nvidia was binning chips for 2070 2080 and 2080 ti. If i recall correctly it is the -A1 that were binned higher. it is why I got the MSI Duke 2070, it had the  higher binned chip at the most reasonable price. A few months back Nvidia stopped with that designation.

My thoughts are with the Super cards and basically chips cycling up any what was then 2070 chip will perform at the now RTX 2060 Super levels they locked it to, ditto for the what was 2080 now being a 2070 Super but cut down a bit. So it made sense to stop with the extra step (read expense) of binning. Now some AIB might be out there binning the chips they receive and putting the lower ones in their reference cards, but I doubt they would do that for the added expense. The cooling solutions will certainly be better than reference in most cases though which may allow better overclocking if heat is the ceiling.