Youtube videos not playing in Chrome

So, for a few days now, most youtube videos refuse to play on chrome for some reason. When I click on a video, the page stops loading midway and gives me an error, with a playback id, that is supposed to be a link to a youtube forum page but doesn't redirect me when clicked. I manually copied the link to open the page and it gives me no solution regarding the issue. However, youtube is totally functional when I tried using it in Edge and Internet explorer. Another issue I'm facing with youtube in Chrome is that when I play from one of my playlists, the playlist doesn't appear on the right side of the screen on top of the suggested videos. Tried it on Edge and IE and it was OK there. This leads me to believe it's an issue with chrome. I have no idea how to solve this. Any help would be appreciated.

I have attached a screenshot of the screen I get when a video fails to load.

youtube_error.jpg

Have you tried reinstalling Chrome?

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

In Chrome, navigate to Settings > Advanced > Under Privacy and Security, click Clear Browsing Data 

Make sure Cookies and other site data along with Cached images and files are selected. Click Clear Data.

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

Just tried clearing the cookies and cached images and files. The playback error "seems" to have gone away. But there's still the problem of the playlist not appearing. The video player has the "next" and "previous" buttons, but there's no playlist, and the buttons don't work. Should I try reinstalling chrome? 

image.png